Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Shocked that people pay these prices!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:55 pm
My daughter is being very picky about booties this season. We've been to a bunch of stores and ordered a bunch online, but nothing worked out... Fast forward to today I decided to just go to a local shoe store and spend way more than I wanted to but time is money and this was taking up too much time. I figured I'd be willing to spend up to $120...
We go into the store and start browsing. My daughter points out some booties and mentions friends that have the various kinds... She picks one up and says she likes those. None of the booties were labeled with a price. I walk over to the cashier to ask the pricing. She said most of the booties are $245!!!!! Of course I ran out of there because way way above what I think is normal to spend on booties for a growing child for one season!!! I'm just shocked that people actually pay these prices!!!!
Thanks for listening! Any good recommendations for cute combat booties or Chelsea booties online will be greatly appreciated!!

rubyred

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:58 pm
Look on Nordstrom’s website. You can for sure find something less than $245. They have free shipping and returns.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:06 am
https://www.katespadeoutlet.co.....p=PLA|RTN|GOOG|STND|m|SITEWIDE|Surprise|KS_OTL_Google_PLA_Signal_NA_Brand_National_PMax_NA_BAU|Sitewide_Regular_Core_NA||20582472934||US&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjMKqBhCgARIsAPDgWlxiAIuHQ7fPrHzmPZ44XuBT5KSVMqJa8aecrZOX7TSTu0EswgCKcuoaAh4IEALw_wcB

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....aw.ds

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/prod.....aw.ds

https://www.target.com/p/girls.....aw.ds

https://www.toms.com/us/women/......html

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:10 am
Try Aldo

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:15 am
Can you try stores like Nordstrom rack or Marshalls if she has to have a brand? My kids are little so I'm not in that stage yet but maybe some people are wearing knockoffs?

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:18 am
How old is your daughter? My girls have bought Dr martens the past few years. Not sure if they are still considered an "in" shoe. My high schooler is not buying booties this year. She says no one wears them at her age. I am still buying for my upper elementary daughter.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:20 am
Sam Edelman makes a combat bootie for kids thats adorable. It's also available on Amazon/Zappos.

https://www.samedelman.com/pro.....25509

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:22 am
I don't.

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:28 am
I went into a local shoe store yesterday for shabbos flats for my teen. I saw the prices were $185 and made a quick exit. Who pays these prices?

fleetwood

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:30 am
Go on Amazon.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:38 am
My girls liked these:
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....17565

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....65951

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:52 am
amother OP wrote:
My daughter is being very picky about booties this season. We've been to a bunch of stores and ordered a bunch online, but nothing worked out... Fast forward to today I decided to just go to a local shoe store and spend way more than I wanted to but time is money and this was taking up too much time. I figured I'd be willing to spend up to $120...
We go into the store and start browsing. My daughter points out some booties and mentions friends that have the various kinds... She picks one up and says she likes those. None of the booties were labeled with a price. I walk over to the cashier to ask the pricing. She said most of the booties are $245!!!!! Of course I ran out of there because way way above what I think is normal to spend on booties for a growing child for one season!!! I'm just shocked that people actually pay these prices!!!!
Thanks for listening! Any good recommendations for cute combat booties or Chelsea booties online will be greatly appreciated!!

MaxMuxun Women's Ankle Boots Flat... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074.....ss_tl

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:57 am
Obviously on a smaller level, I was looking for tights for my daughter yesterday and I don't understand paying $12 for a pair of tights. Clearly people do or they would not have them on the shelves. The cheapest I saw was $6 which seems like a lot for cheap tights that rip after a few weeks of wear for a little kid. I just ordered for 4 pairs for about $12 from temu, hopefully they will at least be wearable.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:00 am
This is the same argument as those who "need" to get their teens coats they can't afford (anyone from Lakewood remember the "wonderful" Hashgacha P story a year ago from the woman who doesn't use internet but still managed to spend $200 on a "very necessary" designer coat her daughter "needed"....because "everyone" has them....

Or you can get your teen a not-so-expensive, not-so-designer coat/booties/shoes/briefcase that is nice and in your budget, and she can learn that we stay within our means. A most valuable life lesson.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:04 am
Chayalle wrote:
This is the same argument as those who "need" to get their teens coats they can't afford (anyone from Lakewood remember the "wonderful" Hashgacha P story a year ago from the woman who doesn't use internet but still managed to spend $200 on a "very necessary" designer coat her daughter "needed"....because "everyone" has them....

Or you can get your teen a not-so-expensive, not-so-designer coat/booties/shoes/briefcase that is nice and in your budget, and she can learn that we stay within our means. A most valuable life lesson.

The last thing my daughter cares about is designer stuff. I'm just shocked that there are clearly so many people spending so much on kids booties.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:06 am
And then I laugh when people say we should be supporting frum business...I would honestly love to but not when they charge 5x the price as others.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:06 am
Yes people pay these prices. Many do.
Even if you cant afford.
Bh I dont have peer pressure and I thank hashem every day that I dont care but many many people do just get what the local stores sell. Clothing and shoes. And furniture and what not. And may hashem give everyone the money they need to live the life the need.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:10 am
I would never pay those prices but when I was a teenager and my feet stopped growing, I had shoes I wore multiple seasons because they were a more classic style and looked good with all different kinds of outfits. So Id tell my girls what my mother told me we can spend more if your willing to wear them more then one season. If you want a new pair next year then the budget is lower.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:11 am
amother Ivory wrote:
Yes people pay these prices. Many do.
Even if you cant afford.
Bh I dont have peer pressure and I thank hashem every day that I dont care but many many people do just get what the local stores sell. Clothing and shoes. And furniture and what not. And may hashem give everyone the money they need to live the life the need.

I can bh afford to spend $245 on boots, but I can't bring myself to spend that much, I feel like I'm being ripped off. I'd quicker give it to the poor to buy basics.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:

So now you know what style she wants and can find hopefully more reasonable online.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics