Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Segula from RC Kislev through last day Chanuka
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:42 pm
The mekubal Rabbi Chaim Palagi said that any person, who for the complete month of Kislev, does not complain about anything, will see a huge miracle in his life.

I found out about this segula shortly before shkiah so I’m going to take it on.
If anyone wants to join me, lets post updates here so we can encourage each other.

I was already doing Shmiras HaLashon Yomi from the Chofetz Chaim Foundation. It’s a short (90 seconds) whatsapp, call or email. I do email. I’ve learned a lot. I really like it so I’ll will continue that.. highly recommend.

(Out and about, will check back on thread later tonight)

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 2:55 pm
Wow- this is a biggie. I feel like it's a natural consequence- even if nothing extra happens, you will have changed yourself. I would like to attenpt to focus on it, bli neder; not committing to the whole thing, but to try to keep it in focus. Thank you.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 4:03 pm
My sister also told me this segulah.

I am going for it.

Thanks for sharing

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 4:23 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Wow- this is a biggie. I feel like it's a natural consequence- even if nothing extra happens, you will have changed yourself. I would like to attenpt to focus on it, bli neder; not committing to the whole thing, but to try to keep it in focus. Thank you.

Ditto. There is nothing to lose in trying. I'm going to try my best, and hope for a yeshua, but even if I don't see one, I will be working on being more positive and that's huge. Thanks!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 4:27 pm
Just saw this post and I just hung up with my husband venting how overwhelmed I was with the newborn and other kids needing my attention and I'm just physically tired from the day
Am I done now for the month?I can't do this segula anymore?

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 5:00 pm
If I do not complain for an entire month straight- the people around me will be witnessing a miracle Wink

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 5:08 pm
What if I have a bad headache or foot ache, is it considered complaining if I say, I've got such a strong headache, my foot hurts badly?

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:33 pm
Does this also apply to complaining to myself in my own head? Or complaining to Hashem?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:35 pm
Oops, I wish I’d seen this before shkiah, too late for me now! Please remind me about this earlier in the day in Erev Kislev next year!

NechaMom

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:49 pm
I already flopped. Would take a miracle for me not to complain for one hour, let alone a month.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Just saw this post and I just hung up with my husband venting how overwhelmed I was with the newborn and other kids needing my attention and I'm just physically tired from the day

I pasken you can have one oops.

So go for it.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 12:58 am
I'm trying too.

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:29 am
Cheshire cat wrote:
If I do not complain for an entire month straight- the people around me will be witnessing a miracle Wink

This got me LOL LOL LOL

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 6:10 am
I just saw this! I’m going to try!

hodeez

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 6:39 am
Hashem help me not complain for a month!

growingmum

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 7:09 am
I would like to try this too

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:51 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:

This has been one of the toughest parts for me. Something happens, I call my husband and kvetch about it. Ive been doing it for years. It’s his family and responsibility too, it feels right to call him, like he would understand what’s going on.

This morning something very concerning happened with one of my kids. I called my husband as I always do and I had to take a breath. First I said: “you know I’ve been learning Shmiras Halashon but I’m only on day 19 I don’t know so much but I really don’t want to say lashon hara. Please put 2 and 2 together if you can. I’m also trying to not kvetch this month, so bear with me.”. I stated what was happening. Didn’t say this is so hard, definitely didn’t say this isn’t fair (B’H I don’t have a habit of saying that).

I just stated. Left some blanks for him to connect the dots (due to Shmiras Halashon) Then told him my plan to address the problem, can we afford it, etc. I still felt better after speaking to him. He doesn’t have tons to say, but it helps.

Hatzlocha amother Mistyrose. You have a lot on your plate. I’m sorry you’re overwhelmed. I hope blesses you that w/e sleep you get is deep and restorative. You’re in a tough phase, mazel tov on your baby. BestBubby paskens you’re still good. I’d go for it. HaShem is merciful. I hope he magnifies our efforts and accepts like the full thing because this one is tough. I didn’t realize just how much I complain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:52 am
Cheshire cat wrote:

LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:52 am
hodeez wrote:
Hashem help me not complain for a month!

Amen

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:56 am
NechaMom wrote:
I already flopped. Would take a miracle for me not to complain for one hour, let alone a month.

I wonder if this is an extension of Gamzu l’tova?
Maybe when I complain I’m undoing the times I’m accepting the things Hashem sends my way?

I switched to stating what’s happening that I don’t like. I just stop short of saying it’s bad, why me or it should be different. I also have to pause before I speak, remind myself I’m committed to trying this. It’s been really tough. I literally tell Hashem and have told my family I am not complaining (more to remind me). Hatlocha. If you wanna give it a go, at least we can flop together.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational