Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
A hug from Hashem

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:27 pm
Finances are tight right now. I did not buy new coats for my kids this season even though they really need new ones.
This morning as I was getting my kids ready for school and squeezing them into their worn out too small coats, I considered for a minute asking my husband if we should just go buy new coats. Instead I closed my eyes and said, Hashem, my kids need new coats, please do something.
About 2 hours later, on a WhatsApp chat I’m on, someone posted she’s giving away matching coats in very good condition- in EXACTLY the sizes I needed for my kids. My mouth dropped open. I went to pick them up, and they all fit perfectly and look adorable.
Thank you Hashem

Writergirl

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:28 pm
Wow! Thank you for sharing that! I'm thrilled for you and appreciate the chizuk!

Vera

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:30 pm
Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart thank u for sharing !!!!

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Finances are tight right now. I did not buy new coats for my kids this season even though they really need new ones.
This morning as I was getting my kids ready for school and squeezing them into their worn out too small coats, I considered for a minute asking my husband if we should just go buy new coats. Instead I closed my eyes and said, Hashem, my kids need new coats, please do something.
About 2 hours later, on a WhatsApp chat I’m on, someone posted she’s giving away matching coats in very good condition- in EXACTLY the sizes I needed for my kids. My mouth dropped open. I went to pick them up, and they all fit perfectly and look adorable.
Thank you Hashem

You deserve them and Bezras Hashem should continue to see much nachas, yeshuos and get everything you need and desire.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:32 pm
wow. tearing up from this heartwarming story. thanks so much for sharing. in these dark times these things matter so so much. to know that He's there and orchestrating every single thing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:41 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
You deserve them and Bezras Hashem should continue to see much nachas, yeshuos and get everything you need and desire.

Amen!! Thank you! That was so kind of you

kenz

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 10:43 pm
I love these “obvious” hugs in the middle of the many more obscure ones. May we all receive many of both types!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:06 am
I love these stories! Chasdei Hashem!

Just a thought for anyone still waiting for their Hug (may it come soon) - get one coat, for the oldest, and pass the others down (if this works genderwise).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 9:14 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
I love these stories! Chasdei Hashem!

Just a thought for anyone still waiting for their Hug (may it come soon) - get one coat, for the oldest, and pass the others down (if this works genderwise).

It’s a good idea. In my case my oldest was wearing the coat for the past 3 years and it was very worn out

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 10:39 am
Chasdei Hashem!

In our community there is a wonderful coat gemach. No child (or adult) should ever be without a warm coat that fits them. I hope that people who read this thread and have the space/time to open such a gemach in their community will check into whether their community already has one, and if not, will supply it.

(Not to take away from the open bracha that Hashem just showered on you. Just that maybe this thead can be an impetus to other people also having coats for their children.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:49 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Chasdei Hashem!

In our community there is a wonderful coat gemach. No child (or adult) should ever be without a warm coat that fits them. I hope that people who read this thread and have the space/time to open such a gemach in their community will check into whether their community already has one, and if not, will supply it.

(Not to take away from the open bracha that Hashem just showered on you. Just that maybe this thead can be an impetus to other people also having coats for their children.)

So funny I didn’t even think of going to a gemach! Our community does have I’ve just never had to use one before bh

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:59 pm
I once had a similar situation.
Where I really wanted something that was unavailable. For some reason it REALLY bothered me that u missed it. The only option was buying an old model used and for very very expensive. It was so important to me I actually sat down to say a kapital tehillim.

Pinkt my friend had mistakenly ordered 2 and she sold it to me.
I remember I was so so so happy. More that the fact that I felt loved and listened to than to the item at that point.
Shortly after I went thru a very challenging time and I have to say that feeling I'd euphoria carried me over those months.

Enjoy those coats! They were a gift from hashem. You get to enjoy wrapping your most precious gifts, your lovely children onto them every day!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics