Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatric Urologist?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:41 pm
Any great doctors for my baby?

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:43 pm
Depends what ur issue is. I was recommended to Dr. Shlussel of PUA or Dr. Stock (I think in Mt sinai)

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:51 pm
I used shlussel and was happy

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 6:05 pm
I used dr Stock in Manhattan, was very happy bh. I also did my research then he came in highly recommended.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 6:07 pm
Thanks!
It’s for his kidneys, there’s fluid and they’re dilated

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:06 pm
I used Dr. Gitlin (Pediatric Urology Associates)

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:07 pm
Dr stock came highly recommended did my sons surgery

athomemom

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:09 pm
I used dr stock in mt sinia. Very good results bh
Editing to add that I called refuah helpline for recommendations... would you cal them to discuss personal situation and hear who they recommend? (845) 782-2000.
Hatzlucha

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!
It’s for his kidneys, there’s fluid and they’re dilated

Dr. Stock is supposed to be the best. But his bedside manners are terrible! I had this issue with the kidneys very recently. I was never able to ask any questions. He was very quick and abrupt. Dr. Schluusel was next on line. We chose not to go to him because he's in Westchester. His bedside manners are much better. If you can please don't use Dr. Stock.
Eta: refuah recommends Dr. Stock and chaim medical recommends Dr. Schluusel

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:54 pm
amother White wrote:
Dr. Stock is supposed to be the best. But his bedside manners are terrible! I had this issue with the kidneys very recently. I was never able to ask any questions. He was very quick and abrupt. Dr. Schluusel was next on line. We chose not to go to him because he's in Westchester. His bedside manners are much better. If you can please don't use Dr. Stock.
Eta: refuah recommends Dr. Stock and chaim medical recommends Dr. Schluusel

Schlussel doesn't have an office in Manhatten anymore? He definitely used to. And his bedside manner is excellent..he is calm and answers all questions.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:00 pm
amother Red wrote:
Schlussel doesn't have an office in Manhatten anymore? He definitely used to. And his bedside manner is excellent..he is calm and answers all questions.

And he’s a frum guy too, which is a nice plus.
He is associated with pediatric urology. I highly recommend them, I’ve used a few different doctors. I would say look up which office is closest to you, and then call them and explain the issue. They will be able to recommend a doc for you.
Hatzlacha!!

Edit: he has an office in tarrytown and an office in engelwood.

https://www.pedsurology.com/locations

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:07 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
And he’s a frum guy too, which is a nice plus.
He is associated with pediatric urology. I highly recommend them, I’ve used a few different doctors. I would say look up which office is closest to you, and then call them and explain the issue. They will be able to recommend a doc for you.
Hatzlacha!!

Edit: he has an office in tarrytown and an office in engelwood.

https://www.pedsurology.com/locations

Dr. Stock too. Dr. Stock is excellent at what he does. Most mohallim speak to him if they have any questions regarding a bris. He's a שומר תורה ומצוות. But he doesn't let you ask any questions. It was very hard. Bh all ended well and we bh have a happy ending but till we got there wasn't easy because of this issue.

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:12 pm
I liked Dr Lane Palmer when we went for a second opinion but a quick google search shows that he isn't in Manhattan anymore- I see he actually has an office in Woodbury NY. Maybe he still sees patients in Manhattan too- call and ask. He was nice, thorough, had a good bedside manner, listened to all my concerns and explained everything. At this point I don't want to recommend our other dr we used in Brooklyn anymore. We have since moved and switched to someone else and I see what a huge difference it is.

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:13 pm
Did you ask your pediatrician who they recommend? How old is your baby? Did you do a sono yet? A vcug? My child had a similar issue. We are still dealing with it many years later.

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:25 pm
bnm wrote:
Did you ask your pediatrician who they recommend? How old is your baby? Did you do a sono yet? A vcug? My child had a similar issue. We are still dealing with it many years later.

For me my pediatrician recommended a Dr in cornel. Forgot his name. But chaim medical told me that he is indeed a very nice Dr but still very young. He just about started out and doesn't have much experience. In 10 years from now he will be the top they said.

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:30 pm
Op, I want to tell you. Dr. Stock I belive is the best out there if you can deal with his demeanor. I'm the type that I can't just trust a Dr blindly. I need to be able to ask my 101 questions that's why for me it was a disaster even though I stuck to him. I stuck to him because of location. If we were to need surgery then I would've considered others. But bh we didn't. For reference my baby is a yr old. I think I even posted my concerns on Herr. I'm not sure though. We had a sono 6 months ago it was bh clear. He wants us back now within the next month or 2 to finalize and clear the clear

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:33 pm
bnm wrote:

Hi. You were a major help back then.. Just went back to my private messaging. Bh my baby is adorable and healthy. Thanks again!

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:40 pm
You can see one dr and then go to the second one for a second opinion then decide who you want to stay with. Insurance will pay for a second opinion. If the dr orders any testing ask for a copy right away. Legally they are supposed to give you a copy if you ask for it. You can then take it to the second opinion and not have to redo anything involving radiation.

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:43 pm
amother White wrote:
Hi. You were a major help back then.. Just went back to my private messaging. Bh my baby is adorable and healthy. Thanks again!

So at this point we are at yearly followups. Just a sono and discussions but the new dr did order an xray and a kidney function test, child was complaining of pain for years that the Brooklyn dr basically ignored and said he should go to the bathroom more often. The kidney is functioning a drop slower than the other kidney but within normal range so it wasn't the kidney causing the pain, it was something else and she helped us deal with it. Till we resolved it we saw her every 6-8 weeks.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:48 pm
Sorry ppl weren't happy with the bedside manners of Dr. Stock. I found Dr. Shlussel kind but curt strong and also didn't let me ask questions... I was wondering if we should switch to Dr. Stock but I got my answer.... I guess this is how these Dr's operate.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries