Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What is Pickle Boy? My kids are obsesssed

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:05 am
I have a naki radio and my kids are constantly listening to pickle boy - I tried listening but got bored after a few minutes. Can some hands on ima tell me if my kids are the only ones that listen to this all day? Is it scary? My son is obsessed with it!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:25 am
Its scary, they have nightmares but it keeps them busy for hours

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:26 am
amother Oak wrote:
Its scary, they have nightmares but it keeps them busy for hours

lol exactly this. Keeps them busy for hours but they tell me it’s scary. What is the scary part?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:27 am
If you download the naki go app u can listen in the car and see what its all about. A boy drinks pickle juice found in his basement and becomes a superhero . If it bothers you u can log into your account and disable it.

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:06 pm
I know this isn’t a new thread. My son loves it but can’t hear more than one part. Do you guys have premium and that’s what allows you to hear more?

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:12 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
I know this isn’t a new thread. My son loves it but can’t hear more than one part. Do you guys have premium and that’s what allows you to hear more?

The first season was free, now second season (and I guess apparently the first season?) is only on Naki premium

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:27 pm
Thanks for clarifying

PtownMommy

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:24 am
Yes, my kids have been listening on their 24six. I only heard bits and pieces but I hate it. Besides for the fact the guy has an annoying and hypnotic voice, the story is really scary and inappropriate. I heard a part where the "class bullies" try to smash the kid's head with a baseball bat, and when that doesn't work, they hit him with a bike chain, and when that doesn't work they try to stab him with a knife.
What on earth is this guy putting into our kinderlach's minds?! That's not bully behavior, that is criminal offender behavior that you need to immediately call 911 and have those boys locked up.
Who is this Yaakov Bee and why are these stories allowed ok Naki Radio and 24 Six players? I'm going into the account settings today and creating a new filter that blocks all his content.

Has any mom here actually had the patience to listen to more than a few minutes of this guy's garbage and convince me why I'm taking this out of context and there are actually a few yidishe values embedded into these stories, or am I correct and blocking him?

cbsp

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:45 am
PtownMommy wrote:
Yes, my kids have been listening on their 24six. I only heard bits and pieces but I hate it. Besides for the fact the guy has an annoying and hypnotic voice, the story is really scary and inappropriate. I heard a part where the "class bullies" try to smash the kid's head with a baseball bat, and when that doesn't work, they hit him with a bike chain, and when that doesn't work they try to stab him with a knife.
What on earth is this guy putting into our kinderlach's minds?! That's not bully behavior, that is criminal offender behavior that you need to immediately call 911 and have those boys locked up.
Who is this Yaakov Bee and why are these stories allowed ok Naki Radio and 24 Six players? I'm going into the account settings today and creating a new filter that blocks all his content.

Has any mom here actually had the patience to listen to more than a few minutes of this guy's garbage and convince me why I'm taking this out of context and there are actually a few yidishe values embedded into these stories, or am I correct and blocking him?

I think you're taking it out of context... (and I think those weren't the class bullies but rather a real gang who does real damage.)

And it may not be to your taste and block it all you want, but calling it "this guy's garbage" on a public forum based on an out of context snippet most likely violates many issurim...

Here's an interview he did with Zev Brenner explaining all about Pickleboy

https://www.youtube.com/live/mMmOKgyjfRQ

mha3484

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:47 am
I listened to all 3 with my boys 7.5 and 9.5 and they really enjoyed. I didn't see the big deal but maybe I am just used to boys who like action and aren't easily scared.

My 5 year old girl is going through a major unicorn phase and they were laughing at the sister character for being like their sister which I thought was cute.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:49 am
My husband listened to it with my son and found it very inappropriate, bad middos and ideas are presented which are unnecessary for kids to listen to. I don't let my boys listen to it anymore.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:17 am

Yes, I listened to every episode that's been released, and it is fabulous. Yaakov Bee does a great job keeping the kids entertained and teaching them good Jewish values at the same time. If you listen carefully, you'll see that he is constantly teaching kids lessons lessons about having good middos, using what Hashem gives you in the best way, and standing up for the right things. You'll hear this in almost every episode, and in some many times over.
The part you wrote about the bullies is taken completely out of context. There are class bullies, but they don't do any of the things you wrote - they are just plain mean, no violence. The part about the baseball bat, bike chain, and knife are from a street gang - NOT the class bullies.
The stories have lots of action, and that is what keeps kids entertained. You can make your own decision if you want your kids to listen, but next time check the facts before posting an extremely negative and incorrect review of a story.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:37 pm
Do young kids really need stories describing exactly the horrible things criminals do? Wouldn't it be enough to say they're bad guys who steal and hurt people without all the graphic detail? The fact that it's not classmates but "the other" doesn't make the violence any less abhorrent. Why would you want to plant such images in a child's brain?

And before you tell me that Chumash and Nach also include graphic violence, let me point out that the very foreignness and archaic character of Biblical language muffles the violence, as if it's being seen through a scrim and heard through earplugs. It doesn't make much of an impression. Even in English, "smiting" and "slaying" don't have the emotional impact of "beating up with a baseball bat and bicycle chain and stabbing or slashing with a knife".

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:38 pm
For anyone that does want their children to hear such graphic details of fighting, would you also be ok with your children watching a movie with such violence? because most children will picture the story they are listening to, so they are in essence watching a violent movie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries