Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Constipated baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:37 am
on similac cholov yisrael
want to switch
is there a better cy option or st else to try or do I need to go to oud
is neocate kosher? is it healthy cuz its not protein based?

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:39 am
For constipation you don't need a hypoallergenic formula. Try cy materna. Or ask your pediatrician about giving daily probiotics.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:49 pm
tx for responding
I thought materna is just as constipating...

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:56 pm
I can't speak for other formulas and I'm not even sure that it's necessary for your baby. Neocate is kosher. I have a few kids who had it and thrived. Its a medically complete food and perfectly safe for a baby. One of my kids with many many severe allergies was on neocate only with no other food until 18 months. She's just fine bh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 1:20 pm
ty

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 1:22 pm
in the meantime try to get some of the water out of a tomato and spoon feed it to the baby. It softens the stool if baby is in pain.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 1:59 pm
IME, a baby spoonful or two of prune juice is magic. If you don't want to buy a whole bottle of prune juice, fill a small jar with dried prunes, add enough boiling water to cover, let cool, then refrigerate. Use just the liquid for a baby who doesn't eat solids.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:01 pm
You can also finely grate a carrot into a small cloth, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, and give that juice to the baby. I prefer the prunes because they last a long time in the fridge. Carrot juice will spoil quickly.

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:02 pm
My baby did very well on materna. Plenty of mushy stools. I would definitely give it a try.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:05 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
My baby did very well on materna. Plenty of mushy stools. I would definitely give it a try.
One of y kids were good on Materna and one was very constipated, just putting it out there.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:20 pm
I found that dairy made my baby constipated. Try soy before going onto neocate. Neocate is really not good tasting (it is kosher, though).

It took a few days of changing to see the results.

Now that she’s on solids, she still gets constipated at times and I cut out the dairy for a few days until it passes.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:15 pm
When my newborn was constipated the doctor recommended switching to soy formula and it worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding