Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What are we missing?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:15 pm
I have $10,000 to start a gemach with.
What gemach are we missing/needs an upgrade?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:17 pm
I didn't know of any Gemach that has dresses for women for events such as a close wedding or son's bar mitzvah.
I would have been interested in this recently. But may be too hard because you need a variety of styles and sizes.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:24 pm
Toy gemach.
So often I buy a new toy for my kids and they enjoy it for the first day or 2 and then are ready for the next toy cuz the newness wore off already.
If there was a toy gemach where you come get one toy a week or something of that sort it saves a lot of money for families and keeps the excitement going

keym

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:27 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Toy gemach.
So often I buy a new toy for my kids and they enjoy it for the first day or 2 and then are ready for the next toy cuz the newness wore off already.
If there was a toy gemach where you come get one toy a week or something of that sort it saves a lot of money for families and keeps the excitement going

Ooh I would definitely donate to that.
My kids are getting older and I have so many toys in perfect condition

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Toy gemach.

Love that! A library for toys!

aria3578

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:39 pm
Maternity simcha dress and gowns

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:50 pm
Gmach that takes left over miniatures, chocoloates, logs etc from vorts etc. and gives them for people to use at their simcha the next night.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:53 pm
A Gemach that goes around to all the groceries and restaurants and bakeries and picks up their left overs / close to expiration date shelf stable food etc. and has a nice respectable place with shelves, fridges, freezers etc. where this food is left for poeple who need it to take. There are people in town who do this now but at a very limited capacity and there is WAY more demand than supply. There is a need for this to be done on a much larger scale as there are MANY people struggling to feed their families and TONS of food being thrown out at restaurants/bakeries/pizza stores/grocery stores.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Gmach that takes left over miniatures, chocoloates, logs etc from vorts etc. and gives them for people to use at their simcha the next night.

Just saying, I froze the leftover miniatures after DD's vort and used them for my sweet table at Shabbos Sheva Brachos.

But there was a huge amount of rugalach, cookies, etc..that I didn't need. DH took them to yeshiva the next day.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 1:23 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
A Gemach that goes around to all the groceries and restaurants and bakeries and picks up their left overs / close to expiration date shelf stable food etc. and has a nice respectable place with shelves, fridges, freezers etc. where this food is left for poeple who need it to take. There are people in town who do this now but at a very limited capacity and there is WAY more demand than supply. There is a need for this to be done on a much larger scale as there are MANY people struggling to feed their families and TONS of food being thrown out at restaurants/bakeries/pizza stores/grocery stores.

There's such a think already. Someone Englard is in charge. I don't know details though

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 1:26 pm
A Jewish educational program for children with special needs who can't get it the their boe funded schools!! Every child deserves a Jewish education on their level!!!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:58 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
There's such a think already. Someone Englard is in charge. I don't know details though

Don't want to derail this thread, but if anyone has info on this can you open post on a new thread please. Thanks

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:20 pm
Stretchies for <10$

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:26 pm
Papaya whip that’s such a great idea..
another idea I just thought of is ask the local girls and boys to do chesed for families with kids that need the help. There is such a high demand for it, but sadly nobody wants to- I don’t want to ruin this post so I’ll stop here.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:30 pm
Call yoselovsky on 3rd street. They keep track of all gemachim in town and will let you know what they're a demand for that they don't have.

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:34 pm
I ran a toy gemach for a while - be warned it is very, very hard to keep all the toys circulating. So many come back with just one piece missing....

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:06 pm
I would love a Gamach for printer cartridges. I got a few printers offered me printers over the years because they upgraded their printer or no longer used it without cartridges they couldn't 100 percent verify how well the printer. I bought cartridge for one printer and it ended up being a broken printer so I'm stuck with it. A second printer took a direct type of cartridge and it sat in my house for months before I had the guts to risk buying ink for it. For my older elementary age child it's a necessity because at times she's missing notes or absent and she's this way she could independently be responsible for her missed work

If anyone has games they don't need without missing pieces I would take. (Also 18 inch doll accesories) My kids just told me I owe them still an afikomin present and I never buy them anything for their birthday.

For a toy gemach I would never borrow I would be scared my child would ruin it miss pieces or get attached to the toy. Im afraid that toys that kids get board of. Are toys that are more gimiky and dont have alot oMaybe something like puzzles you could do as a trade in toy. Unlike a library it would be to keep as long as it replaced with another puzzle.

Puzzles and games need more replacing. I am slowly building up game collections with black friday sales. Still I can't spend so much on games. Games get played over and over but at times fall apart or missing pieces. We don't have enough rotation per age in our collection

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:15 pm
There are hachnosas kallah gmachs but we could use more.

Linen sets
Small appliances
Dinette sets
Mattresses

With an option to buy at cost for those who won't take tzeddokah.

keym

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:18 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Papaya whip that’s such a great idea..
another idea I just thought of is ask the local girls and boys to do chesed for families with kids that need the help. There is such a high demand for it, but sadly nobody wants to- I don’t want to ruin this post so I’ll stop here.

The girls who are able to, do.
Please let's not volunteer our local teens.
They work hard. Don't have tons of free time. And many already volunteer many hours a week.
Let's not pressured them just because there's a need.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:04 pm
Diaper bank( free or low cost diapers)
Formula gemach
Electric scooters for chol hamoed etc.
Kids coats
Backpacks
Old magazines
Twin toddler clothing ppllzz
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries