Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help! Received a broken computer but charger is missing!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 4:34 pm
I ordered a refurbished laptop on Amazon. I figured it was worth taking a chance and if it didn't work, I'd return it.

I got it and I could see right away that there was something wrong with the scream. The graphics were messed up. I closed it and decided I'm returning it. I bought something else instead that works.

Anyway, I went to send back the laptop and I cannot find the charger anywhere!!! What do I do? It was a generic charger. Not the name brand.

I told the seller and I got back this message:

Thank you for contacting X Computers with your concern. We are sorry to hear that you are facing technical difficulty using the laptop. We can assist you with updating the graphics driver. This is a software related bug which does not fall under defective category. Please call us at your earliest convenience at XXXXXXXX, our team will be happy to assist you with graphics driver update. Office hours are from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm Eastern time. Best regards...

Argh. Has this happened to someone? I already bought a new laptop. I don't want this dud. (Although, I guess I would try to fix and sell it or use it... but it's not with me. I left it at my parents house and I'm nowhere local Sad )

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:18 pm
Just reply, thanks but I want to return it

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I ordered a refurbished laptop on Amazon. I figured it was worth taking a chance and if it didn't work, I'd return it.

I got it and I could see right away that there was something wrong with the scream. The graphics were messed up. I closed it and decided I'm returning it. I bought something else instead that works.

Anyway, I went to send back the laptop and I cannot find the charger anywhere!!! What do I do? It was a generic charger. Not the name brand.

I told the seller and I got back this message:

Thank you for contacting X Computers with your concern. We are sorry to hear that you are facing technical difficulty using the laptop. We can assist you with updating the graphics driver. This is a software related bug which does not fall under defective category. Please call us at your earliest convenience at XXXXXXXX, our team will be happy to assist you with graphics driver update. Office hours are from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm Eastern time. Best regards...

Argh. Has this happened to someone? I already bought a new laptop. I don't want this dud. (Although, I guess I would try to fix and sell it or use it... but it's not with me. I left it at my parents house and I'm nowhere local Sad )

Put in money into the pushka and say Amar Rav Binyomin 3x. As a last resort, buy a generic replacement for the adapter. And return it.
Make sure to tell Amazon something is wrong with the screen and it's not a software update.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:54 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Put in money into the pushka and say Amar Rav Binyomin 2x. As a last resort, buy a generic replacement for the adapter. And return it.
Make sure to tell Amazon something is wrong with the screen and it's not a software update.

Why 2x?

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 5:59 pm
Rabbi Meir Baal Hanes

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:31 am
I said it lots of times Smile. Problem is that it's not in my house. It's somewhere in my parents.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:33 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Put in money into the pushka and say Amar Rav Binyomin 3x. As a last resort, buy a generic replacement for the adapter. And return it.

I thought about this, but is it ok? I also wonder if they would notice it's not their charger. Not that their charger was anything special. It wasn't the original brand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:43 am
[img]blob:chrome-untrusted://media-app/1585fb28-bc43-44b9-9c15-ec322df48af5[/img]

I'm having trouble posting a picture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics