Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Micro preemie clothes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:04 pm
Where can I find.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:07 pm
Aren’t micro preemies in the hospital for a long time? They don’t usually wear clothes in the nicu.

I bought regular preemie clothes for my late term preemie, which you can find on target or amazon.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where can I find.

Where do you live?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where can I find.

Target have a good selection at decent prices.
I made the mistake of buying too much, my preemie was born over 10 years ago, when stores didn't have much preemie stuff.
I ended up ordering from catalogues, delivery took so long most of it was too small by the time it arrived Sad. (I don't live in the US, where there were probably more options).
Recently my dil needed preemie I found so much lovely stuff.
(I definitely had more time and peace of mind to shop for dil then myself!)

:)iknowit

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:37 pm
Carters premie runs small enough that when you get to go home it fits well.

ima22

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:15 pm
Carters, amazon.

Regular premie size will work
Micro preemies can't wear clothes until they reach a certain size anyway.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:32 pm
ima22 wrote:
Carters, amazon.

Regular premie size will work
Micro preemies can't wear clothes until they reach a certain size anyway.

What do they wear till they reach that size?

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
What do they wear till they reach that size?

They’re usually in hospital until they reach that size. Is this for you? Is your micro preemie ready to come home? And if so I’m assuming they’re more than 4 Lbs which I think preemie size will fit.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
They’re usually in hospital until they reach that size. Is this for you? Is your micro preemie ready to come home? And if so I’m assuming they’re more than 4 Lbs which I think preemie size will fit.

No it's for a friend. Her baby is being discharged and I offered to get some clothes for the baby.
Not sure how much the baby weighs but she's real tiny Laugh

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
No it's for a friend. Her baby is being discharged and I offered to get some clothes for the baby.

I've never heard of a baby being discharged before they fit into premie side

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Just go with carters. My baby was not micropreemie but he as 35 weeks and BH 4lb 3oz when he came home. Carter preemie fit 4lb baby perfectly. I can’t imagine a smaller baby being ready to come home

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:16 pm
Micro preemies are usually super tiny and don't get out of the incubator till they're at least the size of a preemie. My baby was born under 4 lb. When he reached about 4 lb he fit into carters. There's also a great jewish company- lovely littles that worked perfectly for my baby. Size 00 was preemie size. They have front snaps so the wires can go through it. If you want to be cute and have access, someone wrote cute messages with a cricut on the white carters undershirts which is what he wore most of his hospital stay.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:21 pm
Carters, walmart, primark. Hospital hats like these will probably be the only ones that will stay on.
https://elysandco.com/products.....white

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:43 pm
esti's boutique in boro park has a preemie section afaik

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:48 pm
Look in the toy/doll section of stores.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:53 pm
Mine wasn't a micro preemie, just regular preemie. He left the hospital at about 5 pounds.the carter's preemie size fit very well. I found it ran the narrowest

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Look in the toy/doll section of stores.

My first clothes were doll clothes. My kids first clothes were preemie. Very small babies (measured in ounces) don’t wear clothes and if they’re too small for the smallest preemie diaper they just have a gauze pad taped on with a bit of tape. No clothes. Babies in isollettes usually can’t be moved so easily because of all the wires and tubes and everything else. Clothes come around two pounds the earliest and gowns are the easiest.
I think a normal sized newborn is three or four pounds since my family is preemies and nicu frequent fliers. I still remember my mother holding one of my babies in her hand and making a fist with the other hand and her fist was bigger than the baby’s head.
How big is your friends baby?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 4:54 am
Definitely find out the size of the baby.

I had 2 babies early. The first was a little over 4 pounds when she came home and very short, the carters preemie clothes were good (newborn size was too big), and she didn't grow so quickly so we really needed the preemie clothes. The second was over 5 pounds and not so short when she came home and the newborn carters was a little big but doable, though she fit into preemie at the beginning as well, but she grew a ton quickly, so the preemie clothes weren't so needed.

Carter's usually has a size chart for their clothes, including preemie clothes, by weight and height, so that can help you.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:01 am
In Israel preemies must be > 2kg before they are discharged = approx 4.5 lb.
In hospital they wear hospital baby clothes.
At that stage, my preemie fit into very small newborn clothes which were just baggy.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:18 am
I have some Gerber premie onesies that were too small for my under 3kg newborns. They are also narrow. If they still make them, they looked good.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics