Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How long does your 2 and half yr old nap by morah?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:42 pm
My daughter clearly is ready to cut out naps but her morah insists that she still naps by her. She put them in for 1-2 hours and I think it’s really not right! She then comes home and doesn’t fall asleep till 930 and wakes up at 5 am as she clearly does not need naps anymore.
Just wondering how long other toddlers nap for

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:44 pm
I am having this issue with all the playgroups, they would only accept my daughter if she naps but she doesn't need it anymore!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:46 pm
Did the Morah warn you before you registered? And how long does she insist your daughter nap for?

At that age I sent to moros who did quiet time but not naps.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:48 pm
That’s totally normal for 2.5 year old. My 3 year old naps for about that long in daycare asked 3k. I’d definitely say all kids are different but most that age benefit from rest.

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:49 pm
I have the opposite problem, my 2.5 yo needs a short morning nap and they don't nap there, he can barely make it to bedtime Sad

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:50 pm
My 2.5 year old is home with me but still really needs a 2 hour nap, sometimes even more! He goes to sleep at 7 and wakes up 6:30. I think he also takes a while to fall asleep but he stays in his bed so I'm not complaining...

Can you ask the morah to shorten her nap? It's very hard as a teacher though if everyone else is napping.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:51 pm
Two hours is too long for a 2.5 yr old. Some need it but most don't.
An hour tops I would do.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:51 pm
My 2.5 year old naps 1-2 hours and then goes to bed 830. Doesn’t bother me bec if she doesn’t nap , she’ll go to bed 6 but is so cranky from when I get her until bedtime . But her morah lets some kids rest on the floor if they don’t need an official nap .

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
Two hours is too long for a 2.5 yr old. Some need it but most don't.
An hour tops I would do.

It’s so funny you say that. My kid is kept so busy and active at daycare I can’t imagine him not needing it. Between time spend in the yard playing and running around, plus their daily ‘neighborhood walk’ Also their brains are tired from learning and playing. Getting up before 7 to go to school and getting home after 5 is along day. While I might not nap him on Sunday during the week he needs it desperately. I bet that timing of the nap is important too though. A late nap is never good

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:14 pm
My 2.5 yr old refuses to nap in school usually falls asleep in the car for half hour then goes to sleep eight and wakes up seven.

In my school younger twos take about 1.5/2 hour nap time and older twos half hour of rest time

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:17 pm
My child's playgroup morah was BH understanding when I told her no more naps (because DC then could not fall asleep at night for hours), and she would have a nap group and a non nap group that did different activities while the others napped.

amother
Turquoise

My 4 year old still needs a nap, he conks out on the way home from school every day. And on weekends, he puts himself for a nap or I find him sleeping on the floor or on a chair.
At age 2.5, my kids napped about 1.5-2 hours. My toddlers morah has quiet time during nap time for the kids that don't nap. She has sent a child because he was shrieking & disruptive during nap time & woke the other kids.

amother
Blush

My naps for half an hour to an hour. They don't push her if she doesn't want to.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
It’s so funny you say that. My kid is kept so busy and active at daycare I can’t imagine him not needing it. Between time spend in the yard playing and running around, plus their daily ‘neighborhood walk’ Also their brains are tired from learning and playing. Getting up before 7 to go to school and getting home after 5 is along day. While I might not nap him on Sunday during the week he needs it desperately. I bet that timing of the nap is important too though. A late nap is never good

Same for my two year old. She so needs her nap at daycare. She gets up in the 6 hour they’re so busy at school.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:22 am
As you can see op, some kids need it, and some don't!
As a 2yr old playgroup morah I do put the kids in bed but will wake them up after an hour if mothers ask me to.
If most of my group still need nap I do nap time, when most of the group doesn't need it anymore we stop.
If your child doesn't need to nap and doesn't sleep on Friday, shabbos and Sunday why is your child falling asleep on Monday?
I find that when kids are ready to give up their naps they stop falling asleep at rest time.
A child who doesn't need a nap shoukd not be falling asleep on the way home from morah! Wink
Transition stage is annoying. Use the few days vacation over chanuka to stop napping your child and ask morah to wake him up after an hour max if child falls asleep. Maybe she can put a few toys/books in her crib...

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:26 am
My Morah puts them to nap on a cot, so I find mine only falls asleep when tired. She’s just three and doesn’t nap on the weekend. She lays by Morah for around an hour and a half, sometimes she sleeps sometimes she doesn’t.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:40 am
Can you compromise with her Morah? What would happen if she woke her after 45 minutes? Would she still not fall asleep at night? Or maybe the nap ends too late? Can you request she be woken at a certain time?

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:43 am
They wake her after an hour and a half, but most kids sleep 2 hours. There's 1 kid they wake after an hour by parent request. Legally they have to let them nap at least an hour though I think

My kid doesn't nap when we're home though

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:45 am
My almost 3 year old falls asleep on the way home from from morah. I transfer her to the couch and she sleeps for about an hour. She wakes up totally cookoo and she won't go to sleep for hours!!

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 1:31 am
My 2.5 year old doesn’t nap.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics