Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Small Car with 3 Kiddies?
1  2  Next

AllThings

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:41 pm
Is it possible to have 2 Doonas and some kind of booster seat in a 5 seater (suv or sedan)?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:50 pm
Yes. Depends on car and which car seats but doable.

AllThings

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:58 pm
suggestions on a booster seat for a 4-year-old that might work?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:46 am
We had a Graco slim fit, Graco snap n go and diono. Now we have 2 dionos and a slimfit.
I'm not sure how narrow doonas are compared to other seats.
Dionos are the skinniest seat, but I have my daughter still using the harness because it's too hard to reach the buckle to buckle it each time with everything crammed in. A 4 year old probably should be using a harness anyway

(I don't get the 2 doona thing though, how do you push 2 of them, and if you have to stop and attach them how is that any easier than a double snap n go)

AllThings

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:51 am
Dk if will be using a 2 Doonas but right now have 1 booster seat and 1 Doona. Maybe will end up having 2 boosters and 1 Doona?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:55 am
AllThings wrote:
Dk if will be using a 2 Doonas but right now have 1 booster seat and 1 Doona. Maybe will end up having 2 boosters and 1 Doona?

You think your now baby will still be in a doona when the next is born?? Don't they outgrow it around 12-15 months?
Realize that they don't go straight from doona to booster. There should be a convertible carseat- first rear facing, and then forward facing in between.

Also, carseats are more convenient if the kids are in tight so you don't need to reach in for the buckle.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:13 am
Skip the doona. Too wide.
Use graco slim fit 3 LX. Narrowest RF to FF I could find. Used that, a Chicco keyfit 30, and a backless booster in the middle (oldest was a small 8, used a bumble). In a tiny sedan.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:20 am
AllThings wrote:

Is this for twins? It's not clear from this post. Please clarify children's ages

AllThings

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 10:47 am
amother Pink wrote:
You think your now baby will still be in a doona when the next is born?? Don't they outgrow it around 12-15 months?
Realize that they don't go straight from doona to booster. There should be a convertible carseat- first rear facing, and then forward facing in between.

Also, carseats are more convenient if the kids are in tight so you don't need to reach in for the buckle.

My now baby is still in Doona but she's very small so dk when I will be changing her. My big one switched when he was much older too, so he went straight to a booster.

bsy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:26 pm
I have 2 big kids in the Cosco finale carseats and baby in a rear facing convertible Graco. I have a small car and it was hard to get them in but they are all in and staying in. No giving rides if it means taking them out 🙈

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:39 pm
AllThings wrote:
My now baby is still in Doona but she's very small so dk when I will be changing her. My big one switched when he was much older too, so he went straight to a booster.

How old will she be when baby is born?

AllThings

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:59 pm
about 18m iyH but like I said, she's very small

scruffy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 1:03 pm
AllThings wrote:

What would be the point of keeping her in the Doona? Will you still be removing it from the car, especially if you also have your newborn in a Doona as well (you can't push two carriages by yourself)?

I would get her a narrow convertible car seat.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:14 pm
AllThings wrote:

Regardless, she shouldn’t be in doona at that age. I’d switch to a regular car seat.

AllThings

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:18 pm
scruffy wrote:
What would be the point of keeping her in the Doona? Will you still be removing it from the car, especially if you also have your newborn in a Doona as well (you can't push two carriages by yourself)?

I would get her a narrow convertible car seat.

Honestly these are all good points, I haven't thought it out too far.
I just realized that I better start thinking about this and if I would have to get a bigger car.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:25 pm
AllThings wrote:
Honestly these are all good points, I haven't thought it out too far.
I just realized that I better start thinking about this and if I would have to get a bigger car.

Yes, assuming she’ll be more independent soon and can walk on her own for short errands, from the car to school , ect buying another doona for a few months doesn’t make much sense to me.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:52 pm
Check online for the inside width of your car
Then check online for the measurements of each car seat width.
See if it fits
I had a Mazda cx5 and couldn’t fit a Doona and 2 car seats in one row.
But ur 5 seater may be different.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:45 pm
AllThings wrote:

Huh? They max out of a doona at 35 lbs and 32 inches and booster minimum is 40 lbs and 42 inches. So either you're using one of those very in appropriately or you mean something else by booster. Please read manuals so your kids are safe.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:35 pm
I have a slimmer SUV 5-seater

I have one nuna pipa infant car seat and 2 Clek fllos that all fit in the back row

Skip the doona and instead get a convertible car seat, there’s a bunch that aren’t so wide so they can all fit across

Side note- doesnt a child go to a booster around 4 or 5? How is your child going straight from a doona to a booster??

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:40 pm
A kid should not go from a Doona which is an INFANT car seat to a booster which is meant for kids in school. An 18th month kid is way too large for a Doona unless has Failure to Thrive CV. Typically in infant seats once the babies head reaches within 2 inches of the top it is too small and won't protect her. Read the manual!!!

Please read height/weight requirements for ALL car seats.

I wouldn't use a doona. You will have 2 in a stroller IYH so get a double that allows for a Chicco infant bucket seat to click in. Chicco's are narrower than both Doonas and Graco infant seats IME.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics