Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When do you bring baby to dr. for vomiting?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:22 pm
Right away or should I assume it's a virus and wait a day? 15 months old.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:28 pm
I wouldn’t hurry with a child that vomited once.

Any other symptoms?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:30 pm
what age? if your pretty certain its a virus just monitor for signs of dehydration, make sure your baby has enough wet diapers.

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:43 pm
I have several kids and I only remember bringing in to the Dr twice for vomiting.

One was a little baby (around 6 months) who couldn’t keep any thing down. It was erev yom tov and wanted reassurance from the dr that it was just a stomach bug. (Spoiler alert: it was and the rest of my kids caught it the next day)

Second time was when my child was non stop vomiting (a few times an hour) and had hit her head earlier that day. BH it was also just a virus.

I would say give it at least 12 hours. If it’s a virus, symptoms should improve by then

mizle10

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:44 pm
The only time I brought a baby in for vomiting was when my 3 week old caught a stomach bug going around.

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:48 pm
I go in so I can get a prescription for zofran. At that age unless they’ve had it before I wouldn’t give it without a doctors approval but for my older kids who have all had it at some point, if I have leftover from a previous prescription at home I give it to them without bringing them in.

lucky14

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 1:53 pm
My doctor said to just monitor baby for worsening symptoms and dehydration. Call your ped office. They will know what to ask you to figure out if you need to come in or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics