Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What age do girls start wearing skirts and dresses only

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:13 pm
At what age do Lakewood girls - families that would send to Nachlas, Meoros, Bnos Esther Malka- start wearing only skirts and dresses?

(And where do you shop for them? Till now I’ve been getting cheap leggings at target and cute Zara tops…)

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:29 pm
I started some and some 3 years old. Kindergarten everyone wears dresses. Zara, hm, tottini

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:31 pm
The season they turn 3 is still pants until the end of season. By 3.5/4 I would say most are completely in dresses. Tiny short cute dresses

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:33 pm
You can shop at the same stores because the skirts and dresses don’t need to cover the knees until primary.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:36 pm
We start at 3. I was surprised to see many girls from more yeshivish homes still wearing pants at that age, but I've been seeing it alot now.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:49 pm
3.5-4

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:52 pm
4 years old

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 8:10 am
Thanks. Dd is turning 4 in Adar so I think I’ll keep her in pants through the winter and then buy summer dresses.

I do find it harder to find cute dresses though. Zara and H&M definitely do have a few but not enough to make up a whole wardrobe! I can’t spend $30 on a dress for her age for weekday. I guess I’ll post here asking for links when the time comes.

Thanks for your help everyone!

mig100

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 8:23 am
Target has cute dresses for often less than 10 dollars. Children's place

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 8:41 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
We start at 3. I was surprised to see many girls from more yeshivish homes still wearing pants at that age, but I've been seeing it alot now.

We're yeshivish, and our Rav (big mainstream Lakewood Rav) told us it's fine to wear pants till age 5.

Practically speaking, at 4 my girls wore dresses to playgroup, cuz almost everyone else did. But totally wore pants/leggings on a Sunday or sick day.....

(for the most part though, had you seen them you wouldn't have guessed they were 4 already LOL).

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 10:35 am
Chayalle wrote:
We're yeshivish, and our Rav (big mainstream Lakewood Rav) told us it's fine to wear pants till age 5.

Practically speaking, at 4 my girls wore dresses to playgroup, cuz almost everyone else did. But totally wore pants/leggings on a Sunday or sick day.....

(for the most part though, had you seen them you wouldn't have guessed they were 4 already LOL).

And I started my daughter at 3 because she looked like she was 4 😬🤣

Eta- also only officially because socially that’s what her friends were doing and our crowd does and not for tznius reasons (she can go out in pajamas to the doctor or for a nighttime visit)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries