Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sooooo, do YOU use plastic, throwaway plates?????
Previous  1  2

Pineapple

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:22 am
OldYoung wrote:
disposable bottles

playtex dropins

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:46 am
yes, I use plastic. I also drive to the gym.
BUT I am always shutting off the lights, re-use lots of things, and always recycle leftovers!

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:51 am
I rarely use plastic, partly because it is pretty expensive here. I use it if I have more guests than plates.

oldyoung, try crockpot liners.

CHANY115

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:57 am
I use plastic plates and for my husband dishes. water is also high verses the cost of washing dishes. and time is also prescious with kids around. also I find that kids drop dishes and it could break so ....
but is save on closing lights when I leave the room or use less air condition when im home alone without kids or husband,

mama-star

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 1:49 pm
I use paper and plastic all the time. believe me, I'm not proud of it. Sad

Marion

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:08 pm
1. Plastic/paper are for the kids' birthday parties, or if we're making a kiddush for more than 20 people.

2. I have reusable plastic for the kids, so I'm not thinking about broken dishes.

3. We do not own a dishwasher, and I'd say I do 95% of the washing up myself.

4. I drive to the gym. When I had to walk or take the bus I didn't go. It's a 1/2 hour walk each way. And I've tried the "I'll walk instead of going for a work out"...I had no motivation and I never did it. The membership I pay for the gym is really good motivation.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:12 pm
I use plastic coated paper dishes. They're much cheaper than reg. plastic.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:19 pm
Reusable plastic for the kiddos (although I will give them real dishes on Shabbos now)

Only used disposable on Shabbos when I was heavily pregnant with Avraham Tzvi, or when we had more people than dishes (I only have a set of 12, but sometimes I give the adults / older kids the 12 settings and set the kids with reusable plastic or disposable to reduce the throw away)

JRKmommy

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:39 pm
For everyday, I use normal dishes. Kids under 5 get washable plastic.

For Shabbat - if it's 12 people or less, I use the good china. If it's more, I use paper/plastic because I only have service for 12 and I need simple clean-up for bigger groups. Sometimes by Shabbat lunch, and often by seudah shlishit, I have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes, and start using disposible.

Yom Tov - I have around 35 people for dinner, and it's only feasible if I use paper/plastic.

Pesach - we finally bought some Pesach dishes, but we don't have as many as we do normal dishes, so we supplement with paper/plastic.

I also admit that I use plastic table covers for Shabbat and Yom Tov - I have young kids who spill, our guests usually have young kids who spill, and with plastic, it's no big deal.

I have cut back on paper/plastic since my city only collects 3 bags of garbage every 2 weeks. That really forced the issue for me!

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:45 pm
I hate hate hate disposable dishes and cutlery. Did I say I hate it? Wink
I rarely ever use plastic cups. My kids do though because it's easier for them but I hate drinking out of plastic or eating with plastic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen