Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What can I make cheesecake in - not oven

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 5:41 am
We have a fleishig oven, for milchigs we have a toaster oven. The toaster oven died, but we rarely use it and it takes up viable kitchen space. We basically only use it for cheesecake or pizza. What can we make those in aside from an oven? Side note, we are in Israel if that makes a difference product wise. Thanks!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 5:43 am
Would you consider no-bake cheesecake? I have an amazing recipe Smile
as for pizza I have made pita pizzas in a flat sandwich press. It's not the same, but in a pinch, it does the job

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 5:56 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Would you consider no-bake cheesecake? I have an amazing recipe Smile
as for pizza I have made pita pizzas in a flat sandwich press. It's not the same, but in a pinch, it does the job

Please do share the no-bake cheesecake!
Thank you!

Success10

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:03 am
Go no bake. In Israel it's very popular. You use instant pudding mix with the cream cheese and other ingredients, and then you let it sit in the fridge, it holds together very well, and tastes creamier than baked. I don't actually have a recipe. I just throw a bunch of stuff in a bowl and it's yummy.

juggling

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:11 am
I make cheesecake in the microwave. I adapted a recipe I found online. Wouldn't work for pizza, though.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:20 am
betty crocker?
You canan get it in israel

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 10:33 am
amother Opal wrote:
betty crocker?
You canan get it in israel

I came to suggest a no bake cheesecake, and also agree with the betty crocker for pizza.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:12 pm
Thanks everyone. I'd love to get a no bake cheesecake recipe!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:55 am
https://sallysbakingaddiction......-pie/

its amazing. with no oven you can just use a chocolate graham cracker crust, not as good but filling still yum

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:26 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/cookies-cream-pie/

its amazing. with no oven you can just use a chocolate graham cracker crust, not as good but filling still yum

Same website also has a regular no-bake cheesecake. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks good.

Success10

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:29 am
In Israel, it's really important to use Israeli recipies for cheesecake. The cream cheese is very different here.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:57 am
Not traditional but when my oven died, For a while, I used my Betty Crocker for making a cheesecake. Did my regular baked recipe in a graham crust and stuck the whole thing in the Crocker. Put a little scrunched up foil under the pan to avoid the bottom getting too well done and It came out fine. The cheesecake rose a bit and was hitting the top while baking so I stuck a piece of parchment on top of the cheesecake to avoid burning. It wasn’t perfect looking, but it was ready very fast and tasted perfectly good.
Have gone back to using an oven now, but the Betty Crocker definitely works as an option if needed.

juggling

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:10 am
Success10 wrote:
In Israel, it's really important to use Israeli recipies for cheesecake. The cream cheese is very different here.

Maybe I'm not such a connoisseur, but I use American recipes with Israeli cream cheese all the time. I use the highest fat they sell, somewhere between 27-32% and substitute it cup for cup. For a firmer texture you can drain it first, but I generally don't and I haven't had any trouble.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:23 am
You can also buy a Betty Crocker pizza maker. It takes up less space than a toaster oven and can be used for baking, cooking, frying. I store mine in the drawer under the oven.
But if all you really want is cheesecake, I would go with a tried and true no bake recipe.
(Btw/ I have 2 ovens, 2 microwaves, a Betty Crocker…but I use my toaster oven multiple times a day! I would have a hard time without it.)

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:35 pm
juggling wrote:
Maybe I'm not such a connoisseur, but I use American recipes with Israeli cream cheese all the time. I use the highest fat they sell, somewhere between 27-32% and substitute it cup for cup. For a firmer texture you can drain it first, but I generally don't and I haven't had any trouble.

Same. However I will say that American cream cheese IS way better. Less cheesy. But that depends on your taste. I'm not a big cheese person

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:05 pm
They are very different. I would not recommend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen