Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Just discovered Modi & laughed out loud 不不不不不不不不
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h



Have you heard Modi before?
Yes  
 73%  [ 144 ]
No  
 23%  [ 46 ]
I've heard him but didn't know who he was  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 196



singleagain




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:17 pm
Back to top

amother
Daffodil


 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:25 pm
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.
Back to top

amother
Jetblack


 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:27 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.


And your point is???
Back to top

amother
Daffodil


 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:28 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
And your point is???


I said my point. She asked if we heard of him. I'm sharing info on him. It's called conversation. I didn't share judgment, opinions or thoughts. It's literally facts.
Edit I actually think some of his stuff is hilarious (some is just stupid bro or dumb Jewish humor). I'm really not intending to start controversy even though thats bound to happen on this site. I really am just sharing background information on the entertainer she discovered.
Back to top

amother
Vanilla


 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 9:58 pm
I think Daffodil makes a good point.

When I first heard of Modi, I didn't know he was gay and "married".

I still think he's hysterical, but I like him less because of how vocal he is about his personal choices.

I live OOT in a big city where Modi was doing a show. I daven in a young, modern-yeshivish crowd. The rav of the shul had a shiur and was asked specifically if some congregants can go to his show. The rav made a whole shiur out of it and initially said yes. Then someone told the rav that Modi talks about LGBT a lot, and the rav changed his mind. He said it's better not to go when he talks about it openly. If he's hosting a dinner for an organization and won't bring it up, it's fine to go.

So I like to listen to his comedy, but I wouldn't listen to his podcasts.
Back to top

essie14




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:55 pm
Enjoy!! I saw him perform over 10 years ago and have been a huge fan every since. Have seen him live several times and follow him on Instagram. He's incredibly funny.
Back to top

NechaMom




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.

This actually explains his joke a little better too! I think its important to know this. Everyone can make an educated decision if they want to follow him. I appreciate you sharing this.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 4:13 am
Appreciate the sharing of facts for posters on this site. But for me it's totally not an issue ... I can separate the art from the artist and do it all the time.
Back to top

amother
Wine


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 4:16 am
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didnt even know hes gay shows that hes completely different than Leah f.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 4:45 am
amother Wine wrote:
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didnt even know hes gay shows that hes completely different than Leah f.


Because up until fairly recently it wasn't something he spoke about often or really ever. He's slowly been changing that and being much more open and talkative about his marriage.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 4:47 am
He was funny until he started promoting his toieva lifestyle and mocking those frummers that dont accept his lifestyle.
Back to top

Highstrung




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 6:32 am
I watched him live many years ago. At that time nobody knew about his personal lifestyle and he made no mention and didnt reference it. He also didnt mock frum Jews. I stopped watching him because I found that his content changed.
Back to top

amother
Cadetblue


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 6:36 am
I don't think it's possible to separate art from the artist. It goes in subliminally.
Back to top

amother
Dodgerblue


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 6:44 am
amother Wine wrote:
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didnt even know hes gay shows that hes completely different than Leah f.

According to Leah it wasnt something she ever talked about until someone outed her
Back to top

amother
Ivory


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 7:56 am
amother Wine wrote:
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didnt even know hes gay shows that hes completely different than Leah f.


The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.
Back to top

amother
DarkOrange


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 8:29 am
amother Ivory wrote:
The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.


I think the difference is the people felt more of a connection to Leah F.
Back to top

amother
Cadetblue


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:31 am
amother Ivory wrote:
The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.


Um...no. that is not the only difference.
Leah F was a frum woman who performed for frum only audiences. She acted in frum plays. She went to camps and kollel ladies events. And then she turned around and "came out", and in some ways tried to badmouth the frum community.
I don't know much about Modi but I don't think he's been frum, except maybe as a child. As an entertainer he has never pretended to be frum.

And I don't know what you mean with the statement " the frum world has moved large strides since then"
It sounds like you think we have become more tolerant of deviance in our communities. This is not progress.
Back to top

amother
Plum


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:20 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
It sounds like you think we have become more tolerant of deviance in our communities. This is not progress.

I wasn't sure how to phrase this. You said it perfectly.
Back to top

amother
Catmint


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:26 am
amother Ivory wrote:
The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.

I wouldn't call excepting gay marriage to a non Jew moving forward.
I also wouldn't say the frum world excepts this. Why do you even think we do?
Back to top

amother
Yellow


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:40 am
Who is this Leah Foster everyone keeps mentioning?
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Come & Go Purim Seuda
by amother
8 Today at 9:27 am View last post
Purim of devastation, mental illness, & alone
by amother
2 Today at 5:05 am View last post
Necklace in Yichud Room & average cost
by amother
9 Yesterday at 9:58 am View last post
Best Milchig & Fleishig restaurants in Miami, FL
by amother
7 Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:20 am View last post
United Healthcare & Mt Sinai-Anyone else affected?
by amother
9 Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:44 am View last post