Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Just discovered Modi & laughed out loud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1  2  Next

Have you heard Modi before?
Yes  
 73%  [ 144 ]
No  
 23%  [ 46 ]
I've heard him but didn't know who he was  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 196

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:17 pm

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:25 pm
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:27 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.

And your point is???

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:28 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
And your point is???

I said my point. She asked if we heard of him. I'm sharing info on him. It's called conversation. I didn't share judgment, opinions or thoughts. It's literally facts.
Edit I actually think some of his stuff is hilarious (some is just stupid bro or dumb Jewish humor). I'm really not intending to start controversy even though thats bound to happen on this site. I really am just sharing background information on the entertainer she discovered.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 12:58 am
I think Daffodil makes a good point.

When I first heard of Modi, I didn't know he was gay and "married".

I still think he's hysterical, but I like him less because of how vocal he is about his personal choices.

I live OOT in a big city where Modi was doing a show. I daven in a young, modern-yeshivish crowd. The rav of the shul had a shiur and was asked specifically if some congregants can go to his show. The rav made a whole shiur out of it and initially said yes. Then someone told the rav that Modi talks about LGBT a lot, and the rav changed his mind. He said it's better not to go when he talks about it openly. If he's hosting a dinner for an organization and won't bring it up, it's fine to go.

So I like to listen to his comedy, but I wouldn't listen to his podcasts.

essie14

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:55 am
Enjoy!! I saw him perform over 10 years ago and have been a huge fan every since. Have seen him live several times and follow him on Instagram. He's incredibly funny.

NechaMom

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:57 am
amother Daffodil wrote:

This actually explains his joke a little better too! I think it’s important to know this. Everyone can make an educated decision if they want to follow him. I appreciate you sharing this.

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 7:13 am
Appreciate the sharing of facts for posters on this site. But for me it's totally not an issue ... I can separate the art from the artist and do it all the time.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 7:16 am
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didn’t even know he’s gay shows that he’s completely different than Leah f.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 7:45 am
amother Wine wrote:
I think the fact that so many ppl who enjoy his comedy didn’t even know he’s gay shows that he’s completely different than Leah f.

Because up until fairly recently it wasn't something he spoke about often or really ever. He's slowly been changing that and being much more open and talkative about his marriage.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 7:47 am
He was funny until he started promoting his toieva lifestyle and mocking those “frummers” that don’t accept his lifestyle.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:32 am
I watched him live many years ago. At that time nobody knew about his personal lifestyle and he made no mention and didn’t reference it. He also didn’t mock frum Jews. I stopped watching him because I found that his content changed.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:36 am
I don't think it's possible to separate art from the artist. It goes in subliminally.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:44 am
amother Wine wrote:

According to Leah it wasn’t something she ever talked about until someone outed her

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:56 am
amother Wine wrote:

The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 11:29 am
amother Ivory wrote:
The only difference is that Leah F was unfortunate to come out a few years earlier. The frum world has moved large strides since then.

I think the difference is the people felt more of a connection to Leah F.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 12:31 pm
amother Ivory wrote:

Um...no. that is not the only difference.
Leah F was a frum woman who performed for frum only audiences. She acted in frum plays. She went to camps and kollel ladies events. And then she turned around and "came out", and in some ways tried to badmouth the frum community.
I don't know much about Modi but I don't think he's been frum, except maybe as a child. As an entertainer he has never pretended to be frum.

And I don't know what you mean with the statement " the frum world has moved large strides since then"
It sounds like you think we have become more tolerant of deviance in our communities. This is not progress.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:20 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
It sounds like you think we have become more tolerant of deviance in our communities. This is not progress.

I wasn't sure how to phrase this. You said it perfectly.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:26 pm
amother Ivory wrote:

I wouldn't call excepting gay marriage to a non Jew moving forward.
I also wouldn't say the frum world excepts this. Why do you even think we do?

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:40 pm
Who is this Leah Foster everyone keeps mentioning?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics