Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Taking along A baby

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 6:47 pm
Can I take along a baby to an open house for seminary?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 6:49 pm
I doubt anyone would stop you, but you would probably be the only one there with a baby. Will your dd be embarrassed?

Also, when we went a few years ago, most of them were in people's houses and they were very cramped and crowded. There wouldn't have been much space for a baby.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:20 pm
it's in a hall.. My baby would probbaly be sleeping through the entire event

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:50 pm
Is it super awkward to come with a carriage?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it super awkward to come with a carriage?

I'd try to make alternate arrangements for baby. For my daughter's sake.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:10 am
ok Thank you for the replies!

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:17 am
Why is it so embarrassing for us to have a baby sibling?
If baby will be sleeping I don't see the issue

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:22 am
It's a time to be completely focused on you seminary age daughter. Please pay for a babysitter.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:33 am
I did take my newborn along because believe me, I seriously had no choice. I didn't want my husband with fever next to the newborn, and so on..
while I tried making some phone calls and arrangements, My daughter kept insisting that she totally doesn't mind if I take the baby along
In the end, my daughter was so happy that we went but I felt like such an idiot with a carriage. It felt very out of place. It was a huge hall and there was place for a stroller but I felt stupid.
But last night my only option was either staying home with baby or taking her along so I did the right thing for my daughter. Even though other people may have thought I am nuts.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:35 am
Honestly? I really don't think anyone else even noticed.

Good for you for doing what you had to do!

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:38 am
amother Topaz wrote:
It's a time to be completely focused on you seminary age daughter. Please pay for a babysitter.

If a mother to a newborn is asking this question she obviously doesn't have any other easy solutions.
If your baby is not disturbing anyone it's really really ok OP. You did the right thing.
Much Nachas from your bigs and littles!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:40 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:

This.
Especially if it's a newborn that will be sleeping most of the time. I wouldn't think twice about it.
Now, if you brought a toddler that yelled throughout the speeches... totally different story. I just saw that and it was really annoying.

mha3484

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:40 am
These are situations when a baby carrier is really beneficial. If it comes up again and you can borrow one from someone I really recommend it.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:42 am
amother OP wrote:
I did take my newborn along because believe me, I seriously had no choice. I didn't want my husband with fever next to the newborn, and so on..
while I tried making some phone calls and arrangements, My daughter kept insisting that she totally doesn't mind if I take the baby along
In the end, my daughter was so happy that we went but I felt like such an idiot with a carriage. It felt very out of place. It was a huge hall and there was place for a stroller but I felt stupid.
But last night my only option was either staying home with baby or taking her along so I did the right thing for my daughter. Even though other people may have thought I am nuts.

If your daughter didn't mind, don't worry about what other people thought.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Can I take along a baby to an open house for seminary?

Slightly different, but I took my baby to a high school open house. I was the only one there with a baby, and my daughter was not embarrassed in the slightest. When he was sleeping, he was off to the side. He woke up while my daughter was being shown around, and he came with us to speak to the principals. We were not not focused just because he was with us.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 12:23 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:

You're so right!
It was just my feeling.

Thanks everyone for making me feel normal!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries