Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Where to buy gluten free stuff in Lakewood

LO  

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:04 pm
Hi all,

I saw the threat a bit earlier on about GF restaurants in Lakewood, but I would like to know more about grocery stores and other places that carry GF stuff. My daughter is trying to go GF and I am completely clueless about it, so would love any tips and advice on where to shop (both grocery stores and prepared/take-out foods), good recipes, etc. She is in high school and eats pretty healthy in general, but is a little nervous about the transition.

Thanks so much!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 11:19 pm
The last time I was in The Cookie Corner I noticed they had a separate counter with GF pastries.

amother
Lightgreen  

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 11:23 pm
Why is she going gf? Is she working with a nutritionist? My nutritionist says to focus on whole grains like quinoa and brown rice, and those are naturally gf. The local grocery stores stock things like pizza crust, pitas, cookies etc in the freezer section but they are not healthy, just gf. I’ll admit I rely on them a little too much these days.

Takeout is really hard gf wise. I usually get from a restaurant and that gets pricey. (See other thread for ideas)

LO  

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 6:15 am
Thanks! Is any particular supermarket known to have a better selection? I would love to get cereal for her, may be pancake mix or something like that....Also muffins for her to take as a snack to school. Also need ideas for challah for Shabbos.....Trying to make as painless as possible. Thanks!

LO

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 6:16 am
And yes, she is definitely working with a nutritionist, he is the one that suggested it. She has been super exhausted for the past few months, he thinks it may help. Also stopped dairy.

amother
  Lightgreen

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 12:53 pm
So there is a gluten free store. I don’t know the details as I’ve never been there. The supermarkets all have a gf selection but the selection varies each time and sometimes you need to shop around.

I buy gluten free pancake mix and muffin mix on Amazon. I use Rories gf flour mix for challah rolls. You can also buy frozen challah rolls if that’s easier but it’s not as tasty.

Dh goes to seasons sometimes, I think they tend to have a better selection.

I think the cookie corner sells muffins.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries