Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need advice how to act to my Cleaning lady

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:41 am
I have a cleaning lady 3x a week for 16 hours in total. She kinda knows my house, is helpful and nice with my kids and babies.
She beacame very lazy lately and does not clean well.

I found a different cleaning lady and would like to try her out.

I might like this one better based on what I hear from others. Do I lie to her and tell her I cant afford a lady anymore? I feel bad about making her feel bad. Isnt this like firing a working lol?

I can use advice....

Itsallfromhim

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:47 am
I’d just tell her thank you for your service and I won’t be needing it any longer.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a cleaning lady 3x a week for 16 hours in total. She kinda knows my house, is helpful and nice with my kids and babies.
She beacame very lazy lately and does not clean well.

I found a different cleaning lady and would like to try her out.

I might like this one better based on what I hear from others. Do I lie to her and tell her I cant afford a lady anymore? I feel bad about making her feel bad. Isnt this like firing a working lol?

I can use advice....

Are you planning to keep your current cleaning lady while you try out the new one, just in case the new one doesn’t work out? Or are you ready right now to let her go? Your OP was a bit unclear on that.

You don’t need to and shouldn’t lie to her, you have an employer-employee professional relationship with her, and you owe her nothing other than some notice, and a professional, “Thank you very much for your help until now but I won’t be needing you any more.” If she asks why, you just repeat, “I won’t be needing you any more,” as many times as necessary. Once you start explaining, you’ll get into a possibly uncomfortable and unpleasant conversation, which you don’t owe her, so don’t feel the need to explain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:52 am
Cheiny wrote:
Are you planning to keep your current cleaning lady while you try out the new one, just in case the new one doesn’t work out? Or are you ready right now to let her go? Your OP was a bit unclear on that.

You don’t need to and shouldn’t lie to her, you have an employer-employee professional relationship with her, and you owe her nothing other than some notice, and a professional, “Thank you very much for your help until now but I won’t be needing you any more.” If she asks why, you just repeat, “I won’t be needing you any more,” as many times as necessary. Once you start explaining, you’ll get into a possibly uncomfortable and unpleasant conversation, which you don’t owe her, so don’t feel the need to explain.

I'll probably try out one day before so I can decide.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry