Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Some questions regarding davening toddler

top mom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:52 am
This is a follow-up to the recent tzitzis wearing little boy.
I have an impossibly adorable 3 year old dd who loves davening, loud and clear, with Hashem's name, numerous times a day.
Her davening obviously consists of modeh ani, torah torah etc. She also has her seasonals, like oh dreidel dreidel, for example.
Now, for my sheilos:
What happens during bath time, which is an exceptional eis ratzon, apparently.
How many times do I answer a amein to a brocha that wasn't necessary to begin with What
Also, does modeh ani pass as minchah and ma'ariv as well, because it seems like that's the extent of her repertoire.
Shidduchim- do we look for someone of her caliber, she's also super medakdek on hilchos shabbos. She asked if it can not be shabbos for a little bit because she needs to color and cut urgently. But then we're risking too much yiras shomayim under one roof.
She's not actually dating yet, but I want to make sure that she gets what a bas melech like her deserves
Thanks 😊

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:54 am
top mom wrote:
I have an impossibly adorable 3 year old dd who loves davening, loud and clear, with Hashem's name, numerous times a day.
Her davening obviously consists of modeh ani, torah torah etc. She also has her seasonals, like oh dreidel dreidel, for example.
Now, for my sheilos:
How many times do I answer a amein to a brocha that wasn't necessary to begin with What
Also, does modeh ani pass as minchah and ma'ariv as well, because it seems like that's the extent of her repertoire.
Shidduchim- do we look for someone of her caliber, she's also super medakdek on hilchos shabbos. She asked if it can not be shabbos for a little bit because she needs to color and cut urgently. But then we're risking too much yiras shomayim under one roof.
She's not actually dating yet, but I want to make sure that she gets what a bas melech like her deserves
Thanks 😊

amf

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:55 am
Oooh same questions!! Also, to add on:
Can I answer amein when each spoonful of cheerios requires a new bracha? (On a serious note, how do you teach kids Hashem's name has kedusha....?)

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:56 am
LOL
Thank you for posting!!! Can you write for a magazine? (Or do you?)

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:04 pm
My daughter is very busy with Tznius.
Apparently only the clothes in the hamper are ok.
Mabe it's the smell?

ddmom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:17 pm
Thanks for the laugh!! LOL LOL

top mom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
LOL
Thank you for posting!!! Can you write for a magazine? (Or do you?)

I do!
I love writing ( when I'm in the mood Wink )

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:05 pm
LOL LOL LOL thanks for the laugh OP, this is awesome! And oh so accurate!!!

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:07 pm
LOL love it!

peace2

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:32 pm
Say "amay" loud and clear. It sounds close enough!

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:38 pm
OP my 4 year old found a solution to coloring on Shabbos.
He said it's ok as he said Boruch hamavdil before he started coloring.

Your daughter sounds comical.
Most times with amen, I change the word slightly

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:39 pm
top mom wrote:
Now, for my sheilos:
Thanks 😊

In all seriousness, many hold not to answer amein to a bracha said levatalah and many not to answer amein to small children at all.

We say "mein" so child doesn’t feel bad until they are old enough to understand what brachos are about.

peace2

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:42 pm
Op are you chassidish? If she's saying modeh ani past maariv time maybe it's because she holds that it's still morning (this is a joke, nobody get too riled up!)

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 4:10 pm
My son is turning two so he’s a bit younger but he may be a perfect shidduch

He bentches licht when it’s time to say shema
Shema he says when the mood strikes (this can be all hours of the day and night)

He knows how to daven both like his Tatty (swaying, oy-yoy-yoy, the whole bit) and like his Mommy (whispering words in front of a siddur)

He loves to alternate between a talleis and a sheitel. This is not gender confusion, it is his version of being medakdek b’mitzvos.

He dances to seu shearim exclusively (only the high part-ai yai yai yayai yayai) and kisses the mezuza with more hartz then he kisses his own mother

He also does a very nice dot art (future parnassa opportunity, methinks)

References available upon request:)

top mom

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 4:51 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
My son is turning two so he’s a bit younger but he may be a perfect shidduch

He bentches licht when it’s time to say shema
Shema he says when the mood strikes (this can be all hours of the day and night)

He knows how to daven both like his Tatty (swaying, oy-yoy-yoy, the whole bit) and like his Mommy (whispering words in front of a siddur)

He loves to alternate between a talleis and a sheitel. This is not gender confusion, it is his version of being medakdek b’mitzvos.

He dances to seu shearim exclusively (only the high part-ai yai yai yayai yayai) and kisses the mezuza with more hartz then he kisses his own mother

He also does a very nice dot art (future parnassa opportunity, methinks)

References available upon request:)

Your son sounds like a great catch, but as I mentioned upthread, she's not actively in Shidduchim yet.
I should start a notebook for suitable suggestion though 🤔
And I do believe she wants to be the only sheitel - wearing one in the relationship.
Lots of Nachas. Sounds like he's got a major case of adorableness!

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 5:17 pm
top mom wrote:
Your son sounds like a great catch, but as I mentioned upthread, she's not actively in Shidduchim yet.
I should start a notebook for suitable suggestion though 🤔
And I do believe she wants to be the only sheitel - wearing one in the relationship.
Lots of Nachas. Sounds like he's got a major case of adorableness!

Oh shrek
He’s very tichtig… he’s washing my walls with baby wipes as we speak😅
Definitely keep him in mind!

Amen!!! Bh he is yum. Yours sounds wonderful!

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 5:19 pm
OMG I needed this laugh today.
You should write for a magazine!
Your daughter sounds adorable, I can just picture her just from your writing alone!

peace2

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 5:34 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Oh shrek
He’s very tichtig… he’s washing my walls with baby wipes as we speak😅
Definitely keep him in mind!

Amen!!! Bh he is yum. Yours sounds wonderful!

Wow! Frum and capable of helping out around the house... OP better snap him up while he's still single LOL

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:46 pm
Hey op,
Nice humble bragging on what a tzadeikus of a daughter you have!
I guess she’s in the league of Rivka ameinu?

Considering she has about 54 younger siblings to help care for, I’m assuming all these repetitions are to help another batch of quads or quints with their davening?

Also, does she take kvitlach? Or only her holy father? (Asking for a friend)

Last edited by Sunny Days on Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:47 am
top mom wrote:
Now, for my sheilos:
Thanks 😊

I mentioned it in passing to DH and he suggested that perhaps your DD is practicing for saying al hatevila in the mikvah (in like 20 years) XD
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics