Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Place to eat out near wedding halls

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:03 pm
Going to a wedding soon in Lakewood (I live in Queens). Not familiar with places (not too pricey) to eat out, possibly, once we wish our mazel tovs and leave after chuppah. Any suggestions- fleishig only.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:06 pm
Wedding halls are spread out might want to say which one.

amother
Skyblue

Glatt bite is popular

amother
Tan

amother OP wrote:
Going to a wedding soon in Lakewood (I live in Queens). Not familiar with places (not too pricey) to eat out, possibly, once we wish our mazel tovs and leave after chuppah. Any suggestions- fleishig only.

Which hall?

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:16 pm
Mikes chicken is near a few halls. Or can do the takeout deli by Seasons.
If in Bais Faiga then theres too many to list.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:19 pm
Go early and eat at shmorg

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:39 pm
I’m going to guess the wedding hall will be near Mike’s chicken (takeout only, no sit doen).

And not too far from south side sandwich shop, keepshuto, Taquito (Mexican delicious food), Authentic Kosher Chinese and Eat A Pita

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:

I am fine with that; but DH needs a meal- and- the wedding is s o I work with of - he knows not a soul.... and he is doing the driving too.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Depends on the wedding. Some takanah weddings there really is not much to eat. Which is totally fine and I fully support baalei simcha saving money.

But op you can check the location on google maps to find the eateries. I live in Lakewood and I use google maps all the time because I never remember what is located where.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:05 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Depends on the wedding. Some takanah weddings there really is not much to eat. Which is totally fine and I fully support baalei simcha saving money.

But op you can check the location on google maps to find the eateries. I live in Lakewood and I use google maps all the time because I never remember what is located where.

There is always fruit salad cake kugel by the men
And usually Sesame chicken rice and one other hot dish
He can take plates of food and eat nobody will care or know who he is

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
I’m going to guess the wedding hall will be near Mike’s chicken (takeout only, no sit doen).

And not too far from south side sandwich shop, keepshuto, Taquito (Mexican delicious food), Authentic Kosher Chinese and Eat A Pita

There's a steakhouse right by Mikes - Tomahawk (good food, but definitely steakhouse vs takeout chicken prices)

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Steel wrote:
There's a steakhouse right by Mikes - Tomahawk (good food, but definitely steakhouse vs takeout chicken prices)

Originally o included tomahawk and seared but I re-read the op and she wants a place not too expensive

rsmey

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:30 pm
There's also Pita Hut. And if you want a restaurant with waiter service, I think Smokey Hill and Char Q are not as pricey as the others. They're very nice and good food. You can look up the menus with prices online, I think.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 11:28 pm
We’ve gone to Glatt Bite after stopping in at weddings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries