Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Crazy Raizy
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:06 pm
My husbs grandma's name is raizel. I would have to call the baby raizy. I just can't get myself to do it! It's probably an association from when I was young with a kid we called "crazy raizy" but I feel like it's setting a kid up to be bullied. Not sure what to do....

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:08 pm
I know a crazy raizy married to loser luzzy

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:08 pm
Why do you "have to" ? You don't like the name, dont use it. I dont understand this belief on this website. Maybe because I am not ashkenazi?

scintilla

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:12 pm
Raizel is such a beautiful name, why do you have to use the nickname Raizy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:12 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Why do you "have to" ? You don't like the name, dont use it. I dont understand this belief on this website. Maybe because I am not ashkenazi?

In my dh's family, you sort of "have to" name after the closest grandparent or risk having everyone ask a million questions and be potentially upset at u. Like really upset. I wanted to add a name to one grandmother and asked a shaila was told not to. But that name was ok. This I really don't like

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:14 pm
Is calling her shoshana raizel an option

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:14 pm
scintilla wrote:
Raizel is such a beautiful name, why do you have to use the nickname Raizy?

I would but sounds weird with our last name

scintilla

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I would but sounds weird with our last name

Raizele? Rozie?

She won't have your last name forever;)

Last edited by scintilla on Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:15 pm
Use shoshana
I know tons of shoshanas named for raizel

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:16 pm
As a Raizy, I’m personally offended LOL

What about using Raizel rather than Raizy? I always liked that more… Is that a thing in your community?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:18 pm
Ftr I was never bullied for my name and no one ever called me crazy Raizy.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
In my dh's family, you sort of "have to" name after the closest grandparent or risk having everyone ask a million questions and be potentially upset at u. Like really upset. I wanted to add a name to one grandmother and asked a shaila was told not to. But that name was ok. This I really don't like

Call her Rosie.

As a side note, I'm also from a community where it's acceptable to name after grandparents. I had a girl 2.months after husband's grandma passed away and didn't give her name. To say we made waves is a massive understatement. When asked, we said "naming a baby is the parents choice". Bye-bye.

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:26 pm
So funny, I had a friend called Raizy, we affectionately called her Crazy Raizy because was crazy - in a great way! Like the fun, light-up-a-room tupe crazy. We also called her Lazy Raziy as a total joke; she's literally the least lazy person on the planet and nothing's changed since! She still spends her days running around doing a bajillion things and getting involved in every project around!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:33 pm
OP, maybe you went to the same school I did. There was a girl that was called crazy Raizy, for some odd reason. (This was about 30 years ago.)

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:43 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Is calling her shoshana raizel an option

We did this. We had a Raizel to name for so we used shoshana Raizel and use a nickname of Shoshana (I actually love the name raizy, but my husband doesn't)

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:46 pm
Also, can I just say that lots of names are like this. Smelly Ellie, Esty Pesty, Flabby Abby, Meanie Deenie, Picky Rikki....

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:46 pm
Like it's not a reason not to name because potentially a word that's nasty rhymes with it...

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:49 pm
Ive owned the name Raizy for decades, noone ever added the name crazy to it and I actually never thought of that. Cant say its the prettiest name out there but ive heard worse

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:02 pm
I know someone who had a baby and named her Raizy, and they call her Raizy Daisy.

(Doesn't help for elementary school, I know, but thought that was cute).

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:08 pm
I’m Raizy, nobody ever called me crazy
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names