Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Teething baby. How do I stay sane??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:32 am
My 15 month just started getting teeth. She cut through one tooth fairly easily. Now she's cutting through at least 2 that I know for sure but I think 3 or 4 all at once. She's miserable. She screaming now for 8 hours straight. She doesn't want to nurse, she doesn't want her pacifier. She's has fever, runny nose. I was by the Dr to rule out covid and the flu. She's on tylenol around the clock. No it's not by first by far. I thought I got a handle on the teething stage. Apparently I don't! I never had a kid this age without a full mouth of teeth. None of my kids cut through so many at once either. I'm literally crying along with her. Any magic tricks I'm not aware of?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:47 am
Motrin is much much better for teething than Tylenol. I also liked Camila (but my babies teethe much younger and have 12 teeth by a year)

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 2:07 am
My kid who was a terrible teether loved a gel called camomilo.
Can you give them an ice lolly to suck on, the cold should help soothe.

I have heard of people who help scrape the gum where they know the teeth is coming from. They say rather the child suffers slightly more if it's more painful for less than a minute then for them to suffer a couple of days constantly.
Never done it but incase of your sanity I thought to share.
Everyone can write their comments and then delete before sending

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 2:22 am
Does she have fever?
Did you check for strep?
UTI?
We went through this recently. We tested for EVERYTHING. She had fever for a week! Doctors said it’s nothing and then she got a few teeth at once

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 5:59 am
Give her Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours switching between the two. Don’t wait for her to start crying. Set an alarm clock.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:05 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Motrin is much much better for teething than Tylenol. I also liked Camila (but my babies teethe much younger and have 12 teeth by a year)

What is camila?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics