Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
S/o Betty Crocker Pizza Maker
1  2  Next

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 2:33 am
Someone just asked about making pizza taste like from a store and someone responded bake it in a Betty Crocker. I've seen this pizza maker mentioned on this site to do tons of amazing things, but rarely pizza! I've never actually seen one but it sounds kind of like a sandwich maker or electric grill with a flat surface and more space inside? Does it actually make pizza taste like it was made in a pizza oven??!!

My kids LOVE pizza from a pizza store (It's literally the only thing they will all sit and eat and enjoy!), and anything I make at home just doesn't compare. I've even tried with a pizza stone, and it was SO much extra work and so nerve-racking, and just really didn't add much. If a Betty Crocker really does that, I'll buy it in a second.

If anyone knows where to get one in Israel, either online or in a store, I'd love to hear. Also open to pizza recipes either for the Betty Crocker specifically or in general. Thanks all!

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:13 am
https://refaeli.co.il/items/49.....D7%9F

https://refaeli.co.il/items/45.....tchen

This is where you can buy in Israel. I use it for tons of things, but not pizza LOL

Surrendered

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:48 am
I use the Betty crocker daily, especially for fleishig. Never made pizza in it but I consider this item my best purchase ever. It it used instead of a frying pan and oven, making nourishing meals in an instant.
I cook/bake any kind of chicken and potatoes and vegetables in it. It warms up food in seconds, I've made kugels in it and more.

mommy2379

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:58 am
Surrendered wrote:
I use the Betty crocker daily, especially for fleishig. Never made pizza in it but I consider this item my best purchase ever. It it used instead of a frying pan and oven, making nourishing meals in an instant.
I cook/bake any kind of chicken and potatoes and vegetables in it. It warms up food in seconds, I've made kugels in it and more.

can you post chicken recipes?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:34 am
I make pancakes and wraps in it daily. Fish.

I make calzones and pizza too. Comes out good when there’s no paper under. I spray some avocado oil first.

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:34 am
essie14 wrote:
https://refaeli.co.il/items/4931231--%D7%AA%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%A8-%D7%A4%D7%99%D7%A6%D7%94-Benaton-BT-5897-%D7%91%D7%A0%D7%98%D7%95%D7%9F

https://refaeli.co.il/items/45.....tchen

This is where you can buy in Israel. I use it for tons of things, but not pizza LOL

Thanks so much! Looking on Zap now, with your inspiration. Do you have one of these companies? Can anyone recommend a good company, as Betty Crocker doesn't seem to be sold here?

Does anyone actually use it for pizza? Any other dairy/parve things it's especially useful for? We have mostly milchigs around here, and fry things like pancakes, cheese pancakes, eggs, blintzes constantly. Is this actually more useful than a frying pan for anything like that? Or more for things baked in an oven?

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:37 am
SuperWify wrote:
I make pancakes and wraps in it daily. Fish.

I make calzones and pizza too. Comes out good when there’s no paper under. I spray some avocado oil first.

How do you use it for wraps? Like to toast it like a sandwich maker?

When you say "comes out good," that makes it sound like with paper it's horrible and without it's edible. Do you mean good like a great pizza store? That's really the only thing that will make this worth it to me.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:42 am
myname1 wrote:
How do you use it for wraps? Like to toast it like a sandwich maker?

When you say "comes out good," that makes it sound like with paper it's horrible and without it's edible. Do you mean good like a great pizza store? That's really the only thing that will make this worth it to me.

I put paper, and toast the wrap with veg and cheese.

Lol no it’s not a ooni or some other wood burning pizza maker .. it’s a $40 appliance. (Though the best $40 I’ve ever spent.) It comes out really yummy. Homemade yummy. Better without the paper because then the crust gets crispy.

Edit- This is what you need. Don’t know if there have it in Israel and it’s a lot more expensive but it’s delicious. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=oon.....p_1_5

Again, it’s an appliance not a pizza oven. Better then the home oven IMO but others will disagree. If your buying it just for pizza you will be disappointed if your expecting store bought pizza.

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:51 am; edited 4 times in total

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:44 am
I also constantly use it to warm up pizza, pizza bagels, hot pretzels ect because I have only one oven. So it stays only counter all week. It’s a brilliant invention.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:47 am
myname1 wrote:
Thanks so much! Looking on Zap now, with your inspiration. Do you have one of these companies? Can anyone recommend a good company, as Betty Crocker doesn't seem to be sold here?

Does anyone actually use it for pizza? Any other dairy/parve things it's especially useful for? We have mostly milchigs around here, and fry things like pancakes, cheese pancakes, eggs, blintzes constantly. Is this actually more useful than a frying pan for anything like that? Or more for things baked in an oven?

I have both of these, one for dairy, one for meat.
I roast vegetables on it a lot. They roast super quickly.
My kids make pressed sandwiches, both chalavi and besari (cold cuts)
You can definitely use it for blintzes, pancakes and eggs.
It works as a frying pan and an oven.

dats me

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:15 am
I make pizza in it every week and it comes out delicious. I use the dough recipe from peas love and carrots book.
I find that it’s important to flip the dough half way through and then add the toppings. I haven’t ordered pizza from the store in a while because we’ve been very happy with homemade!

kugelEater

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:18 am
In Israel there are a few alternatives- panko or mini kitchen. the mini kitchen has a dial to shut on and off. not sure where to get the panko but I know they were selling the mini kitchen in shaarei revacha in yerushalayim. I heard that if you use the american betty crocker with an adapter it can explode...

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:29 am
dats me wrote:
I make pizza in it every week and it comes out delicious. I use the dough recipe from peas love and carrots book.
I find that it’s important to flip the dough half way through and then add the toppings. I haven’t ordered pizza from the store in a while because we’ve been very happy with homemade!

You might have just convinced me, thanks. I was pretty much convinced not for me before this.

We have a milchig toaster oven that I use for just about everything mentioned here milchig, a milchig sandwich maker for sandwiches, and a new milchig frying pan that works well for that stuff. Roasting veggies fast would be nice, but not worth another appliance. And we don't really do fleishigs here. But I'm calculating what we spend on pizza and it's a little ridiculous. My kids are under 10. Everyone says this age is easy to please with homemade pizza, but I haven't found that to be true here.

It could be if I find a winner recipe, that combined with the excitement of this cool appliance will do the trick and make homemade pizza something they'll be happy with. I am looking into the recipe you mentioned. Do you have the actual Betty Crocker or a different company?

Thanks everyone for weighing in, this is so so helpful!!

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
I put paper, and toast the wrap with veg and cheese.

Lol no it’s not a ooni or some other wood burning pizza maker .. it’s a $40 appliance. (Though the best $40 I’ve ever spent.) It comes out really yummy. Homemade yummy. Better without the paper because then the crust gets crispy.

Edit- This is what you need. Don’t know if there have it in Israel and it’s a lot more expensive but it’s delicious. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=oon.....p_1_5

Again, it’s an appliance not a pizza oven. Better then the home oven IMO but others will disagree. If your buying it just for pizza you will be disappointed if your expecting store bought pizza.

That pizza oven had me totally tempted! But I don't think pizza is quite nutritious enough for me to justify such a purchase. (Although compared to what else I can get some of them to eat, like I said, I'm really tempted.)

Thanks for the warning about the pizza maker. I hear what you're saying. I think I am going to give it a try, and hope that even if not up-to-professional standards, it will be a nice special treat. I really don't like dealing with a pizza stone and burning hot oven, so even if this just makes it a bit more convenient to get pizza in and out successfully, while having the preheated pizza stone effect, that might be worth it. Do you think it does that?

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:48 am
kugelEater wrote:
In Israel there are a few alternatives- panko or mini kitchen. the mini kitchen has a dial to shut on and off. not sure where to get the panko but I know they were selling the mini kitchen in shaarei revacha in yerushalayim. I heard that if you use the american betty crocker with an adapter it can explode...

I'm finishing up some research on it now, and I don't see any Panko company anywhere. I see the minikitchen and benaton someone posted above, as well as:
Normande
https://www.pompa.co.il/produc.....f_a=1
Selmor
https://yarid-b.co.il/%D7%AA%D......html
this other Benaton
https://yarid-b.co.il/%D7%90%D......html
The last two say 1800 Watts. The minikitchen says 1450 and the first benaton says under 1000. Shouldn't higher wattage make it more like a real pizza oven? They're all 30 cm I think and that seems to be the biggest difference for me in terms of making a good pizza. Is that not true, that higher wattage means more professional pizza?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:56 am
myname1 wrote:
That pizza oven had me totally tempted! But I don't think pizza is quite nutritious enough for me to justify such a purchase. (Although compared to what else I can get some of them to eat, like I said, I'm really tempted.)

Thanks for the warning about the pizza maker. I hear what you're saying. I think I am going to give it a try, and hope that even if not up-to-professional standards, it will be a nice special treat. I really don't like dealing with a pizza stone and burning hot oven, so even if this just makes it a bit more convenient to get pizza in and out successfully, while having the preheated pizza stone effect, that might be worth it. Do you think it does that?

Of course! My kids love it!

aaa2

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:06 am
I have the panko pan- love it!

https://www.pankoquickpan.com/.....pan-1
https://specialmarket.shopo.co.....54201

Imaof4

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:10 am
I only use mine for pizza and get great pizza.

My directions:

1. Put your raw dough in the pizza maker while it is OFF and shape it to fit.

2. Add sauce

3. Add cheese

4. Turn on the pizza maker for 18 minutes.

5. Take pizza out using a spatula and put it on a pizza pan.

6. Serve

dats me

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:41 am
myname1 wrote:
You might have just convinced me, thanks. I was pretty much convinced not for me before this.

We have a milchig toaster oven that I use for just about everything mentioned here milchig, a milchig sandwich maker for sandwiches, and a new milchig frying pan that works well for that stuff. Roasting veggies fast would be nice, but not worth another appliance. And we don't really do fleishigs here. But I'm calculating what we spend on pizza and it's a little ridiculous. My kids are under 10. Everyone says this age is easy to please with homemade pizza, but I haven't found that to be true here.

It could be if I find a winner recipe, that combined with the excitement of this cool appliance will do the trick and make homemade pizza something they'll be happy with. I am looking into the recipe you mentioned. Do you have the actual Betty Crocker or a different company?

Thanks everyone for weighing in, this is so so helpful!!

I am in Israel and have the mini kitchen. I bought it in salon geula appliance store , it’s for sale in several other places too.

writinggirl

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:42 am
How do people make pressed sandwiches? I find it is too large to press the sandwiches. They get toasted but not pressed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals