Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Plus size maternity- lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:40 pm
Which stores in lakewood carry real plus size in maternity? Wearing like 3-4x in the plus size regular stores, so which maternity store carries that?
Or any links online to anything?
Thanks so much

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 1:04 pm
Bump

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 1:10 pm
SHEIN has great options

Anon because everyone in my life knew I lived on SHEIN during pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 8:34 pm
Bumping again
I just cant go through going to a physical store and leaving feeling like garbage, would love to know where I can get some basics like skirts, etc

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 8:44 pm
New additions may have. I found that certain brands ran big and or were loose fitting type tops that would fit anyone. . I recommend that you call any place before going, so you don't have unnecessary embarrassment or rejection in public.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 8:51 pm
Thanks
For tops for sure and easier to make work with non maternity, but a few staple skirts really would like to fit normally… ill call them and see
If anyone has any other suggestions willing to hear Smile

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 9:37 pm
I was able to make a basic black skirt from sorority work. It has a stretchy elastic waist, and very Aline.
Tops I bought there too, asked them for ones that are looser fitting

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 11:01 pm
When I was pregnant (10+ yrs ago) & about that size I bought a larger size elastic waist skirts from a regular plus size company (Roamanns/lane Bryant type). I was also able to find some maternity blouses from them (they no longer carry any last time I checked). I tried a few frum stores that claimed to have those sizes but they had nothing. I got one outfit for a Simcha at a frum store (not in lkwd) that I wore once because it was so tight & uncomfortable. I also found that swing style tops in regular plus size often worked (in my reg size or one size up).

Anon because I’ve given this advice to people irl.

amother
Ebony

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 11:20 pm
The dimensions in Flatbush had a skirt that went to xxxl or maybe even 4x… they prob have it in Lakewood too

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:31 am
I’m the same size as you and pregnant too. For tops the ones at the normal maternity stores work great cuz they’re made to stretch so much. For skirts, I find it really hard. The maternity stores have nothing. My only solution has been to buy bigger sizes of elastic skirts. Lastly, dresses from maternity stores work fine - I have taken the lining out from some thought. Also, look up dainty jewels online they have maternity modest and some really nice shabbbos and weekday dresses.
Beshaah Tovah!!

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:38 am
amother Brickred wrote:
I was able to make a basic black skirt from sorority work. It has a stretchy elastic waist, and very Aline.
Tops I bought there too, asked them for ones that are looser fitting

I just did this too. They had a few skirt options that were aline with an elastic that wasn't too tight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven