Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which faucets kasherable for Pesach not pricey? Do you all

Do you have real stainless steel kitchen faucets (not plastic covered with metal finish)?
yes and I kasher the faucet for pesach  
 94%  [ 16 ]
no and I cover the faucet for pesach  
 5%  [ 1 ]
no I have a different material faucet that is kasherable for pesach and ill post it  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:12 pm
have stainless steel faucets? Most faucets we looked at are just plastic covered with what looks like a metallic stainless steel finish. The real stainless steel faucets are hard to find and very expensive. Or do you all cover your faucets for Pesach?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:28 pm
My neighbor has Pesach faucets.

She says they learned how to switch it, and in her words “it’s no big deal”

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:29 pm
I have stainless faucets & we cover them for pesach.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:30 pm
We have stainless steel and dont cover them for pesach.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:42 pm
My faucets are chrome-plated metal, and I kasher them for pesach.

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
have stainless steel faucets? Most faucets we looked at are just plastic covered with what looks like a metallic stainless steel finish. The real stainless steel faucets are hard to find and very expensive. Or do you all cover your faucets for Pesach?

We buy a new head only. The head detaches from the hose on ours. Kraus company

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:07 pm
I have heads that screw on to a hose. I have separate heads for Pesach. Cheap and does the job.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 3:42 pm
If you ever use your sink for hot water and you have a metal coated plastic faucet, can you kasher it for pesach and then use it without covering the faucet? Besides for switching the heads?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 6:18 pm
bump

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 6:29 pm
I've never heard of an issue. All of the kashrus agencies describe how to kasher a faucet for pesach, and none of them specify that it needs to be solide metal. According to some opinions you can kasher a plastic faucet too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 6:33 pm
amother Broom wrote:
I've never heard of an issue. All of the kashrus agencies describe how to kasher a faucet for pesach, and none of them specify that it needs to be solide metal. According to some opinions you can kasher a plastic faucet too.
We heard you need to kasher it but still need to cover it if it's plastic coated with metal and not real stainless steel. A lot of faucets that look stainless steel are just coated with that metal finish but not real stainless steel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:26 pm
bump

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
We heard you need to kasher it but still need to cover it if it's plastic coated with metal and not real stainless steel. A lot of faucets that look stainless steel are just coated with that metal finish but not real stainless steel.
Who did you hear this from? Why don't you ask your own rav?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:29 pm
We switch heads. You can buy almost any head on Amazon. Or when you redo the kitchen, buy two faucets and keep one head for Pesach. Easy peasy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
We switch heads. You can buy almost any head on Amazon. Or when you redo the kitchen, buy two faucets and keep one head for Pesach. Easy peasy.
We always switch heads but we heard if hot water is used and goes through the faucet that has to be kashered/covered.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:24 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Who did you hear this from? Why don't you ask your own rav?
We asked a rav, but maybe I heard wrong because so a few people are saying you dont have to.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
We asked a rav, but maybe I heard wrong because so a few people are saying you dont have to.

Some people hold you can kasher plastic.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Some people hold you can kasher plastic.
When we asked, he told us even thought it's plastic coated with metal we have to kasher it and cover it if I heard right which I don't understand. If it's not kasherable then I can understand covering it but why do both?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics