Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
ISO recipe for potato blintz pie/souffle/kugel

anon

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:33 pm
I once ate this dish as a guest on shavuous and I'd like the recipe, but I don't have the number of the hostess.

I remember the hostess saying that she mixed up some sort of dairy batter (though you could substitute the dairy ingredients with pareve ingredients) and poured it on potato blintzes that were lined up in a single layer, probably in a 9X13 pan.

does anyone have a recipe that resembles this concoction? Please share if you do!

Thanks Smile

anon

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:30 pm
bump

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:41 pm
I make a cheese blintz soufflee - don't know if that's what you are looking for, the original recipe sair is can be used with any type or blintz - here is it:

in a large bowl mix:
1/2 container sour cream (about 250 ml)
2-3 eggs (beat first then add)
1/4 c. cream or whole milk

then for more savory soufflee:
add 1/4 tsp. each thyme, oregano. parsley, balck pepper and salt (you can also top this one with a sharp cheese like cheddar, parmesean or goat's cheese)

for a sweeter soufflee:
add 1/2 c. sugar, 1tsp. vanilla, 1/8 tsp. each (as you'd like) cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and all spice (you can also top this one with sliced fruit that ahs been lightly sugared/macerated)

Place all blintzes in a single layer in a buttered 9x13, pour mixture over blintzes and bake at 350 until top is golden and lightly blistered - usually 20-25 minutes. For a lighter "soufflee" you can also cook this is a hot water bath: place 9x13 in a larger baking pan and fill 2nd pan with water 1/2 way up the 9x13, cover tightly and back for 30 minutes at 350, then turn off oven and let sit 10 mintues before removing.

anon

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:21 pm
montrealmommy wrote:
I make a cheese blintz soufflee - don't know if that's what you are looking for, the original recipe sair is can be used with any type or blintz - here is it:

in a large bowl mix:
1/2 container sour cream (about 250 ml)
2-3 eggs (beat first then add)
1/4 c. cream or whole milk

then for more savory soufflee:
add 1/4 tsp. each thyme, oregano. parsley, balck pepper and salt (you can also top this one with a sharp cheese like cheddar, parmesean or goat's cheese)

for a sweeter soufflee:
add 1/2 c. sugar, 1tsp. vanilla, 1/8 tsp. each (as you'd like) cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and all spice (you can also top this one with sliced fruit that ahs been lightly sugared/macerated)

Place all blintzes in a single layer in a buttered 9x13, pour mixture over blintzes and bake at 350 until top is golden and lightly blistered - usually 20-25 minutes. For a lighter "soufflee" you can also cook this is a hot water bath: place 9x13 in a larger baking pan and fill 2nd pan with water 1/2 way up the 9x13, cover tightly and back for 30 minutes at 350, then turn off oven and let sit 10 mintues before removing.

Thanks! I'm looking for a pareve recipe, so I can make this as long as the stores sell nondairy sour cream....I hope so!

sunshine!

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:36 pm
Toffuti makes a non dairy sour cream. It is usually near the Toffuti products in the fridge.

anon

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:38 pm
thanks for the info! Soymilk would be a good substitute for cream or whole milk, right?

sunshine!

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:40 pm
I would probably use non dairy creamer

anon

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:42 pm
thanks, I'll try it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals