Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Finishing Garage Price

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:12 pm
Has anyone finished their garage in the past year and know how much it would cost?

Including permits, space planning, etc. it’s a two car garage and I’d want a bathroom maybe windows, and a door. I do not want to keep
The garage doors, but turn it into walls.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:30 pm
Would also like to know. How big is your garage? How many rooms do you hope to make?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:31 pm
I actually heard of someone who recently did their garage (I believe 3 car) for 50k. Don't know if they put in a bathroom.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I actually heard of someone who recently did their garage (I believe 3 car) for 50k. Don't know if they put in a bathroom.

This makes sense because my contractor quoted me 25K to finish half of the garage (to extend my dining room.)

ETA no bathroom, I already have one in the area.

Last edited by Chayalle on Sun, Dec 17 2023, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 9:19 pm
About 60k

Doing it now

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 9:45 pm
I have a one car garage and was quoted $30k, no bathroom

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 9:56 pm
28k-ish but we got what we paid for, contractor was awful, need to redo some of the work

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 10:18 pm
These 50-60K quotes - those include a bathroom?

Mine is a 2 car. I’d like to just do the whole thing. Create a mini guest suite for an elderly parent. We do store a lot in there, so maybe leave some space for storage.

ETA - never mind I see no one is sure about the bathroom or didn’t put any in.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 11:15 pm
Is there plumbing in you garage? Or will you have to bring it in?

To redo an existing bathroom costs around 15k, but the plumbing is right there. If you have to bring in plumbing the price goes up how hi will be on how hard it is to put in plumbing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 11:39 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Is there plumbing in you garage? Or will you have to bring it in?

To redo an existing bathroom costs around 15k, but the plumbing is right there. If you have to bring in plumbing the price goes up how hi will be on how hard it is to put in plumbing.

There is no plumbing in my garage currently.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 1:12 pm
It will also depend where they are pulling the plumbing from. If there is a bathroom already sharing a wall with the garage, it will cheaper or if the main line is right outside, it will also be cheaper...

They need to tie in the plumbing to the existing line - the further away that is the more expensive it gets.

Even if someone says they spent ____ it doesnt mean your costs will be the same.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 1:30 pm
Can be expensive since garages are generally not built to be inhabited as the construction is different.

The foundations are often different from an house that has a basement or a crawl space as the floor might just be a slab.

There is generally no insulation. You need plumbing and connecting to drains might not be easy. You also need heating and cooling plus you need permits for all of this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Can be expensive since garages are generally not built to be inhabited as the construction is different.

The foundations are often different from an house that has a basement or a crawl space as the floor might just be a slab.

There is generally no insulation. You need plumbing and connecting to drains might not be easy. You also need heating and cooling plus you need permits for all of this.

Sounds like quite the expensive project… I will have to get some contractors to come down and give quotes.

Thanks to all those who answered.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 3:34 pm
Will depend on the contractor and many factors. We just redid our basement and kept in under 70K including a new bathroom and running plumbing, plus putting in an egress window which raised the costs a lot.
With the right contractor, I think you can get it done for 50K.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 6:44 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Will depend on the contractor and many factors. We just redid our basement and kept in under 70K including a new bathroom and running plumbing, plus putting in an egress window which raised the costs a lot.
With the right contractor, I think you can get it done for 50K.

Wow. That’s good to hear. Thanks.

lnj08701

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow. That’s good to hear. Thanks.

If you PM me I can give you the name of the contractor we used, we were very happy with him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries