Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Travel from Heights to Riverdale

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 12:21 pm
Looking into a new position. I live in the Heights and the job is in Riverdale- how safe is the commute by bus/train.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 3:59 pm
Which Heights: Crown or Washington?
If you live in Washington Heights, the commute to Riverdale shouldn't scare you. The buses are fine. Best way if you have the time is the Bx7 and M100 buses, depending on where you're going, but it can be a bit of a shlep. You can take the A to 207 and switch to a bus, which may or may not save you any time. There are times during the day when you can wait 20-25 minutes for an uptown A. You can also take the 1 train and switch to the bus if you need to go farther, but if you're the nervous type, I wouldn't. I never take the 1 if I can help it, both because it's a poky local and because the stations are dirty, dimly lit, and in the case of 181 Street, so far below ground it requires an elevator to reach the platform. The waiting area for the elevator is way too narrow for the number of people using them.

Go to maps.google.com or to MTA.info, plug in your start and end points, and you'll be offered a variety of routes. Be aware that the routes they present are not necessarily the best. Google Maps often misses opportunities to transfer between buses or between bus and subway.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 4:20 pm
Lol, I don’t think I ever heard anyone refer to crown heights as the heights…
I have otherwise nothing to add, but I wish you Hatzlacha in your decision op.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 6:02 pm
I take the subway everywhere, and I think it’s totally fine between Washington Heights and Riverdale. The buses get packed during rush hour, although I know more about the reverse commute from yours. They’re fine, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries