Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How concerned do we need to be for covid part #2?
1  2  3  4  Next

NechaMom

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:06 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

There’s a contagious variant spreading rapidly in the US. Is the danger the same as in 2020 or its just like a strong cold/flu at this point?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:11 pm
It depends.

If there is a new vaccine targeting this strain, it is terribly virulent and dangerous and presents a particular risk to pregnant women and small children.

Otherwise, it is just as frightening or non-frightening as the last few flavors.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:17 pm
I'm pretty sure I have it now. Scratchy throat, bad muscle aches, chills and hot flashes. First day some slight ear pain and stuffed head sensation. May or may not have fever, I didn't check. Bh so far not confined to bed.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:18 pm
As frightened as the government wants you to be

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 4:21 pm
Part 2? I feel like we’re up to part billion by now at least.
I think it’s the same s any other seasonal illness. You know if you’re high risk. Follow your doctor’s orders. Use common sense and don’t knowingly get other people sick with anything, especially if they’re high risk.

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:07 pm
Lots of people have had covid recently. It's like a flu, but somewhat longer lasting. Not fun but nothing to worry about.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:08 pm
5 people very close to me have had covid in the past month. Hubby,very close coworker,remote co worker and spouse,and a relative. Its been going around but luckily hasn't landed anyone I know in the hospital.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:10 pm
Whoever is super concerned can get a booster....there is a big surplus of vaccines.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:10 pm
O wow I had this 2 weeks ago. Was just like a virus. I was in bed when the kids were in school and didn’t go crazy with beautiful suppers just basic schnitzel and mashed potato type. I don’t think it’s something you should b concerned about

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:12 pm
There's fever with this variant but it's the way covid has been since 2022

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:14 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
O wow I had this 2 weeks ago. Was just like a virus. I was in bed when the kids were in school and didn’t go crazy with beautiful suppers just basic schnitzel and mashed potato type. I don’t think it’s something you should b concerned about

It is a virus.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:30 pm
Why stress preemptively. If it gets bad believe me they'll ( gov) will make sure we know.

BTW anyone gotten the flu yet? Wondering how it is this year.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:46 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:

Sorry to get off topic, but so impressed and in awe that making schnitzel and mashed potatoes is basic for you! I only have the energy to make schnitzel for special occasions!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:48 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Sorry to get off topic, but so impressed and in awe that making schnitzel and mashed potatoes is basic for you! I only have the energy to make schnitzel for special occasions!

Same. Schnitzel is not a basic dinner at all.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:51 pm
I had it three weeks ago and most of my household got it too . We had Covid in our home for 3 weeks straight between everyone catching it from each other . I had it the worst . It felt like I had a mild flu together with a stomach virus and needed to be in bed for 2 1/2 days. The other days I was able to move around but felt out of it .
Really no big deal. I was the only one that had stomach issues along with it .

2 adult sons also had it with fever , dizziness , cough, bad cold symptoms But by day 4 or 5 felt totally fine .
DH just had a runny nose.

Really , like any normal winter virus. I’ve had the flu when I was a kid and that was much much worse .

I would not be concerned .

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:52 pm
amother Honey wrote:

I make a really basic schnitzel in the air fryer if you have an air fryer ill give you the recipe which isnt much of a recipe.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:53 pm
I'm 7 months pregnant sick like a dog fever achy nauseous

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:57 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Why stress preemptively. If it gets bad believe me they'll ( gov) will make sure we know.

BTW anyone gotten the flu yet? Wondering how it is this year.

Just had it. It’s not fun. Lasted almost a week. Felt like Covid

smss

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
I'm 7 months pregnant sick like a dog fever achy nauseous

Oy! Please take Tylenol to keep your fever down and drink a lot to stay hydrated. And if you can't please reach out to your doctor. Refuah sheleimah!!

socialbutterfly

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:12 pm
I am 0% concerned.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics