Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Flying with a Bugaboo Chameleon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:43 am
I'm flying solo with a two month old baby and was wondering if anyone has done it?
Do they even let you bring such a big stroller? I want her to be able to sleep in there at night....

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:49 am
I used to fly with my chameleon years and years ago (the last time I flew with one was probably at least 8 years ago) Since then, times have changed and I fly with a doona or a joolz aer depending on the age of the baby (at 2 months it would be a doona)
Where will you be that you can’t get a pack n play for the baby to sleep in?
Hotels can provide cribs. When I go to vacation villas, I order a cheap pack n play from Walmart
Relatives will help you find one if you’re staying by family.
The chameleon is big and bulky, has a difficult fold in two pieces… it’s just not worth it

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:56 am
Depends on the airline, and on the gate crew that you happen to get when you fly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:57 am
She doesn't like her car seat and I don't have a doona in any case. I will be spending lots of time out of the house so it wouldn't be healthy for her to be in the car seat so much

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:00 am
I have flown many times with the fox.
Its a shlep but if you need it so do it, though many airports will not let a 2 piece stroller to the gate and you have to give it in by check in, if thats the case make sure to have a carrier.

mompower

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:04 am
I’ve never had a stroller survive a flight damage free. So take that into consideration.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:32 am
Thank you for taking the time to respond

LOL still dunno what to do, my post partum brain is definitely not helping

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:37 am
Very likely that it will get ruined. Even if they take it from you at the gate, it still gets thrown under the plane with the luggage

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:43 am
Why wouldn't a doona get ruined?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:02 am
Has anyone experienced buying insurance with a stroller? Do they buy you a new one?

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:28 am
when I travelled with my bugaboo, that was newish it got scratched, I made a claim and got the full money back for the stroller minus I think 50,..
always worth it to try claim if it gets damaged
iv had good luck using resolver to claim-its free.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:42 am
Take a yoyo with the cocoon.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:16 am
I have flown a few times with my uppababy cruz, never got damaged and it didn't have a cover on it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:20 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
when I travelled with my bugaboo, that was newish it got scratched, I made a claim and got the full money back for the stroller minus I think 50,..
always worth it to try claim if it gets damaged
iv had good luck using resolver to claim-its free.

Had the oppostive experience. Tried to claim insurance for a real issue (it became a bit off kilter) and they didn’t pay.

I do not trust them flinging it around. I take a travel stroller, it lays flat so baby isn’t in a car seat all day. Do you have a travel stroller your car seat clicks into ? I have a citimini with adaptors for a car seat. You can also ask by the gate, I’ve had luck and if they have empty seats they let me bring the car seat on.

Would also not manage a chameleon+ car seat + baby on my own through the airport so easily. Would only do it for a really long trip like 2/3 weeks cuz the shlepp would be worth having what I need (maybe, probably still not)

Rabbit613

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:51 am
I have flown alot with my cameleon and it was fine. These days I fly with a yoyo or doona but those are not good options for a 2 month old. I think you will be fine shleppimg it. If you are worried about it getting ruined you csn by a special bugaboo stroller cover to protect it. That's what I did but the cover thing is huge and its really annoying to carry with you.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:53 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Had the oppostive experience. Tried to claim insurance for a real issue (it became a bit off kilter) and they didn’t pay.

I do not trust them flinging it around. I take a travel stroller, it lays flat so baby isn’t in a car seat all day. Do you have a travel stroller your car seat clicks into ? I have a citimini with adaptors for a car seat. You can also ask by the gate, I’ve had luck and if they have empty seats they let me bring the car seat on.

Would also not manage a chameleon+ car seat + baby on my own through the airport so easily. Would only do it for a really long trip like 2/3 weeks cuz the shlepp would be worth having what I need (maybe, probably still not)

Think it depends on what insurance you. It's worth it to pay more for a good one that covers everything.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 12:14 pm
I bought the bugaboo travel bag for my stroller. It all gets zipped into a protective travel bag which protects the stroller.
You can totally fly with a bigger stroller. A lot of people prefer a travel stroller as they can take it with them on the plane and it's just lighter and more compact.

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 12:53 pm
Chameleon folds into 2 pieces.
Do airlines allow that?
I never tried with mine but I also never travelled with such a young baby
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics