Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
"Frum influencer" promoting Xmas music
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:46 pm
A frum influencer with a large instagram and tiktok following has been promoting Xmas music on her platform and has aggressively defended that it's halachicly permissible and to stop bullying her for her stance. I got blocked tonight for disagreeing with her.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:48 pm
I just had this observation today that so many frum influencers have put x-mas songs in their reels. I cannot understand it. There's no shortage of good Jewish music.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:49 pm
I’m no influencer but I love x-mas music!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:51 pm
Mariah Carey's "all I want for x-mas is you" has zero to do with Christianity, as all other x-mas songs, unless they're carols.

Giraffe

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:54 pm
Seems we got to the point that there are Orthodox Jews so repulsed at the secular culture, they are promoting other religions to help fight against it. And yes there are Orthodox Rabbis being encouraging to X-tains to keep their faith.

Is Nittel Nacht a case of be careful what you wish for?

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:55 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Mariah Carey's "all I want for x-mas is you" has zero to do with Christianity, as all other x-mas songs, unless they're carols.

Disagree.
If it talks about Xmas, it’s a Xmas song. So the above is most definitely a Xmas song. It’s not a religious song, but definitely a Xmas one.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 10:57 pm
Did you know that the most popular Xmas jingles were composed by Jews?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:03 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Disagree.
If it talks about Xmas, it’s a Xmas song. So the above is most definitely a Xmas song. It’s not a religious song, but definitely a Xmas one.

I didn't say it's not a x-mas song. It is because it has the word x-mas in it. I said it has zero to do with Christianity despite being a x-mas song.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:07 pm
Sad when the goyeshe cultures starts creeping in. Secular songs and especially Xmas ones do not befit for a frum person.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:10 pm
This just feels so wrong to me.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:11 pm
Here's a quick fix. Stop following influencers. Why do you need these people in your life?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:13 pm
I found the page.

I don't care what people do or what they call themselves. I care when they claim to represent everyone else. Like a different person who shall not be named who says she "shares her orthodox life" but then posted against Israel and pro "peace".

If you want to be stupid, or if you want to do your own thing, do it under your own name. Not in the name of all of orthodox Judaism.

Rant over.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:15 pm
Ugh she used to be so real and focused on body positivity in the frum community which was great but as she got more followers she became such a “pick me girl”. She also totally violates her children’s privacy by sharing very personal details about their behavior and their medical issues to her huge audience. Such a turn off. I don’t follow her anymore.

Eta: For the record I also enjoy x-mas music if it happens to come on the radio or play in a store lol. But I’m not broadcasting that to tens of thousands of followers. It’s a secret guilty pleasure.

Ruchi

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:20 pm
If they don't have the best hashkafos, and are not good role models, it's not wise to followthem m

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Did you know that the most popular Xmas jingles were composed by Jews?

Many filthy movies are directed and/or produced by Jews as well.
The guy who started playboy was Jewish.
Does not make it ok.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:23 pm
Unfollow. I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious. My life improved a hundredfold when I said goodbye to Instagram and other forms of social media.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Many filthy movies are directed and/or produced by Jews as well.
The guy who started playboy was Jewish.
Does not make it ok.

I don't think Hugh Hefner was Jewish.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:25 pm
I reported this thread. It’s super obvious who this is about and there are personal attacks here—not wanting to hear Xmas music promoted I think is valid but calling someone a “pick me” is just not cool.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I reported this thread. It’s super obvious who this is about and there are personal attacks here—not wanting to hear Xmas music promoted I think is valid but calling someone a “pick me” is just not cool.

Why wouldn’t we be allowed to discuss the content a public figure puts on her public platform?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:35 pm
I didn’t think that was allowed on Imamother. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like the laws of lashon hara still apply to influencers.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics