Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Blood pressure crazy high because of $
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 3:55 am
How do you keep your blood pressure down when you’re in debt and under insane amounts of stress?
I have a healthy diet and exercise but since I started working 2 jobs my blood pressure has been regularly going into the 160/110 range.
My doctor is giving me a few more weeks and then putting me on medication if it doesn’t go back to normal.
Any suggestions to not let stress and being overworked affect me?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 4:22 am
Too much coffee can raise BP.
Perhaps switch to herbal tea? TMI

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 5:10 am
I wish you only Yeshous OP. There were times I had no idea how we were going to buy bread. (Not a joke) .Can you try to get some small amount of Me time. Just to close your eyes, read , or take a warm bath. Need to get rid of that stress. Hug

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 5:16 am
Bitachon bitachon bitachon. Can’t say it enough times
Learn it constantly
I had such bad anxiety I was medication for years!
When I started my emuna and bitachon journey it all changed
I am still in a significant amount of debt but I have literally zero worries. I’m not exaggerating. We just don’t worry about it

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 5:59 am
Are you sure that’s why your blood pressure is so high?
I see you are under a lot of stress but would that make your blood pressure be that high all the time?
My blood pressure recently became very high-(160/105). I’m dealing with a very difficult situation these but my doctor said the numbers wouldn’t continuously remain high. I’ve been sent for lots of testing.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 6:05 am
I am sorry for your suffering. I took a unique approach. I cut lifestyle drastically. I went from having stuff & "status" to minimalist lifestyle and a stress free lifestyle.

Example I love flowers for Shabbos but I love more being relaxed at the Shabbos table. The cost of the flowers comes from our paycheck, no flowers means more money for other things & less pressure on me.

I love a nice birthday, nice food a gift etc but I want peace snd stress free much more. We celebrate at home with homemade food and cake. Less money spent on stuff gives you the greatest gift of time to live.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:21 am
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Too much coffee can raise BP.
Perhaps switch to herbal tea? TMI

For sure, but I also need to stay alert for a 10-14 hour workday (depending on the day of the week) . I try to limit to 4 cups… but sometimes I need it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:22 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Are you sure that’s why your blood pressure is so high?
I see you are under a lot of stress but would that make your blood pressure be that high all the time?
My blood pressure recently became very high-(160/105). I’m dealing with a very difficult situation these but my doctor said the numbers wouldn’t continuously remain high. I’ve been sent for lots of testing.

My blood pressure was fine 6 months ago. It was only after I took on another job because we bought a house Bh that it’s been so high. I am definitely under a lot of stress and pushing myself.
What kind of tests did your doctor send you for?
(Mine hasn’t)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:27 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
I wish you only Yeshous OP. There were times I had no idea how we were going to buy bread. (Not a joke) .Can you try to get some small amount of Me time. Just to close your eyes, read , or take a warm bath. Need to get rid of that stress. Hug

Yes, we are there at times with money being tight for food. We do “shop” at a food pantry and got kicked off of snap because we made “so much” $ last year ($50,000 for a family of 4) . I try to relax in the evenings, although normally I come home so exhausted I just fall asleep on the couch, barely have energy to say hi to everyone and the kids and dh are all eager to see me . I do occasionally take baths or walks for me time.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:30 am
amother Peach wrote:
I am sorry for your suffering. I took a unique approach. I cut lifestyle drastically. I went from having stuff & "status" to minimalist lifestyle and a stress free lifestyle.

Example I love flowers for Shabbos but I love more being relaxed at the Shabbos table. The cost of the flowers comes from our paycheck, no flowers means more money for other things & less pressure on me.

I love a nice birthday, nice food a gift etc but I want peace snd stress free much more. We celebrate at home with homemade food and cake. Less money spent on stuff gives you the greatest gift of time to live.

Our lifestyle is extremely simple. We don’t buy flowers for Shabbos. Meat is only a little in the cholent. Chicken we only use wings during the wing or ground chicken/ turkey. We almost never buy pizza or prepared food. Driving a car that’s more than 15 years old. Kids and adults mostly wear handmedowns. I bought a coat at a gemach this year, etc.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:44 am
That second job seems to be too much. It's ruining your health, I can totally relate, I got a form of heart arrythmia because of family stress and have been on beta blocker medication for it for the last 5 years. I'm certain that the stress level caused it, they found no other reason for it.
Is there any way your dh can work more so you can ditch the second job? Where is he in all this?
Can you switch to a job with a higher income?
Could selling the house help you to get a normal life back? I mean, if the house means you can't afford food and get seriously ill from overwork, it's not such a blessing.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:49 am
You are working too hard…
Is there any way that your husband can take a job in the evenings so you can cut back on your hours?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:51 am
My dh can be found described on the many threads about help my adhd husband got fired again. He goes through a new job about every 3 months, I can’t rely on him.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:01 am
amother OP wrote:
For sure, but I also need to stay alert for a 10-14 hour workday (depending on the day of the week) . I try to limit to 4 cups… but sometimes I need it.

Are you getting adequate sleep? If you aren’t that could be the cause of the high blood pressure.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:12 am
amother OP wrote:
My dh can be found described on the many threads about help my adhd husband got fired again. He goes through a new job about every 3 months, I can’t rely on him.

Oh my… that’s hard. I can relate very well. My ADHD dh is probably the cause for my high blood pressure. Although money isn’t very tight right now he’s probably on his 10th job in less than 20 years. The inconsistency gives me no menuchas hanefesh. I wrote on another thread that one morning he’s talking about buying a new car and by the evening there’s a car sitting in my driveway. One night he realized that he has enough credit card points to book a ticket to Israel and the next day he was gone!
Yes, we’ve had years and years of struggling financially and it caused me so much heartache but I think not feeling secure with how things will go with him from one day to the next is what’s probably causing my blood pressure to be sky high. Unless it’s really something else which my doctor would like me to rule out:

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:13 am
amother Green wrote:
Are you getting adequate sleep? If you aren’t that could be the cause of the high blood pressure.

How could she be getting adequate sleep with her long working hours?

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:21 am
amother OP wrote:

Sending you hugs 🫂 you are an amazing mother and wife ❤️ doing so much for your family. You are very inspiring to me!

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:34 am
I struggle with high blood pressure.

My 2 cents, if it's worth anything-
Get more sleep
Cut the coffee, you can try green tea and see if it helps.
Maybe take a vitamin b complex morning and early afternoon to help you keep going. Stress makes your body burn through lots of vitamin b quickly so supplementing may help you feel better. Thorne and Premier Research are 2 brands with good quality vitamins.
Vitamin k strengthens the arteries and can help bring down blood pressure
This really helped me a lot. Every morning, I take 1 fresh lemon and squeeze it. Then put 2 tablespoons into a cup with warm water. Add 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar with the mother. It really helps when I do this daily.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:07 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
That second job seems to be too much. It's ruining your health, I can totally relate, I got a form of heart arrythmia because of family stress and have been on beta blocker medication for it for the last 5 years. I'm certain that the stress level caused it, they found no other reason for it.
Is there any way your dh can work more so you can ditch the second job? Where is he in all this?
Can you switch to a job with a higher income?
Could selling the house help you to get a normal life back? I mean, if the house means you can't afford food and get seriously ill from overwork, it's not such a blessing.

We have had to move 5 times in 8 years because rent keeps getting raised. The agmas nefesh, amount of broken furniture from heimish moving, looking everywhere to find an affordable apartment , time taken off of work to pack, has been driving me out of my mind. Our mortgage is around the same ($150 more) as what we were paying in rent but now we have utilities, property tax, repairs which used to be included so it adds up.
My DH always says I work too hard, he has good intentions, he tries to find work (but has no credentials) , he finds jobs and within a month I hear why it’s not working out or that he is on probation for coming late, losing documents, irresponsibility, etc and a month or two after that its over .

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 2:09 pm
amother Green wrote:

Probably not, I get around 6 hours a night, assuming the kids sleep ok. But that’s not so fixable in the near future.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics