Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
How does this happen- Toddler found at airport after parents
1  2  3  Next

catonmylap

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:15 am
Toddler found at airport after parents

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:26 am
I'm also wondering.....

last week an 8 years old was flown to the wrong destination..... wierd...

shalhevet

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:27 am
I read this in the paper this morning and I also couldn't believe how it could happen.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:28 am
I can understand how this can happen in all the chaos (there were 4 other kids with them), but not to notice the missing child for 45 minutes after takeoff??!??

Quote:
"The incident is being examined, and it's still not clear to us either," said Sun D'Or CEO Bezalel Karvat. The airline is an El Al subsidiary.

What's the incident being examined for? Confused

Quote:
Ben-Eden bought the girl some ice cream, by which time she was calm enough to let her know that she only eats food with a Badatz kashrut certification.

A 3 year old? shock I just taught my 4 year old the concept of Kosher, but in no way would he ever be able to tell someone what hechsher he uses! shock

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:29 am
Yeah, I read this and I was dumbfounded.... were they not sitting together? I know when I fly, I do checks and rechecks and rerechecks... and I have TEENAGERS!

shalhevet

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:30 am
Quote:
Ben-Eden bought the girl some ice cream, by which time she was calm enough to let her know that she only eats food with a Badatz kashrut certification.

Oh great Mad So glad they thought to mention that. Now we can all know how irresponsible frum parents are. Exploding anger

Zus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:30 am
I just heard the story. I can't imagine, no matter how many kids I have, that this would *ever* happen to me!! I'd think the more kids, the more headcounts I'd do.
Not to mention, poor kid!!! He must be traumatized for life. I remember the panic I got into as a girl when I thought I lost my mom (happened occasionally).

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:32 am
My DH said that probably each of the parents thought the other one was in charge of the child. I don't get it. I mean: you count kids, you count bags, then you count kids again!

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:34 am
GAMZu wrote:
Quote:
"The incident is being examined, and it's still not clear to us either," said Sun D'Or CEO Bezalel Karvat. The airline is an El Al subsidiary.

What's the incident being examined for? :?

The fact that depending on where this kid got separated, passport control either stamped too many passports without checking to make sure there were 5 people to match the 5 passports, the person at the gate checked in 5 boarding passes without actually counting heads or most importantly.... were the parents not together the entire darn time and didn't realize neither had the 3 year old??????

So they need to investigate whether it's airport, airline or parental negligence and then they can start pointing fingers and laying blame.

Last edited by BeershevaBubby on Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:35 am
Quote:
I can understand how this can happen in all the chaos (there were 4 other kids with them), but not to notice the missing child for 45 minutes after takeoff??!??

Yes, that is what is shocking to me too.

grin

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:36 am
I agree with Tamiri - I've flown with kids quite a few times; I counted again and agian.

and yes, the fact that they mention the Badatz ceritfication is clearly out of place.

Zus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:39 am
YESHASettler wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
quote]"The incident is being examined, and it's still not clear to us either," said Sun D'Or CEO Bezalel Karvat. The airline is an El Al subsidiary.

What's the incident being examined for? Confused

The fact that depending on where this kid got separated, passport control either stamped too many passports without checking to make sure there were 5 people to match the 5 passports, the person at the gate checked in 5 boarding passes without actually counting heads or most importantly.... were the parents not together the entire darn time and didn't realize neither had the 3 year old??????[/quote]

It is also the mistake of the airline, and a pretty grave one in fact. The family was checked in, but not every checked in person boarded the flight. Airlines are supposed to check and double check that, because it's a security hazard. When a person checks in and checks his bags, he MUST also board the flight. Terrorists have been known for sending bomb bags unattended.
So airline personnel must MAKE SURE that every person who's checked in, also boarded the flight. They've got lists.
I've worked at Amsterdam airport security and it would happen sometimes that not every checked in passenger would board the flight (they were usually found later on in some bar, drunk). Flights were always held up for this reason, because they'd have to unload his luggage before the flight would be OK'ed for take-off.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:40 am
shalhevet wrote:
Quote:

Oh great Mad So glad they thought to mention that. Now we can all know how irresponsible frum parents are. Exploding anger

Yeah, like what in the world did this have to do with the story? Rolling Eyes Had she said that she likes vanilla better than chocolate, would they have mentioned that too?

shosh

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:42 am
Very odd ...

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't just one of those "silly season" stories ....

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:45 am
WEll,t hat will teach them to fly during the 9 days...

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:47 am
YESHASettler wrote:
Or at least to get child harnesses for the little kids.

Zus

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:48 am
Yes, people who eat only Badatz should not leave their houses at all during the 9 days. Rolling Eyes

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:50 am
Zus wrote:
Yes, people who eat only Badatz should not leave their houses at all during the 9 days. Rolling Eyes

There is an Inyan that many frum Jews do not travel during the 9 days unless there's some sort of emergency.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:50 am
YESHASettler wrote:

How about starting a new thread "Is it ok to fly during the 9 days...?" Tongue Out Wink

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:51 am
I wouldn't put too much into the B'datz; they have to include a bit of the human interest stuff. Really, I don't think that was a slur against Orthodox Jews.

I can understand getting on the plane and having someone left behind, and I guess the parents just settled in and thought the other parent had the child. Still, it is irresponsible of the parents and the airlines not to have everyone checked in and accounted for.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics