Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low carb/keto meal ideas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:14 pm
can anyone please share some low carb/keto meal ideas that aren't expensive and can be prepared quickly and taken to work for breakfast and lunch and snack?

Thank you.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
can anyone please share some low carb/keto meal ideas that aren't expensive and can be prepared quickly and taken to work for breakfast and lunch and snack?

Thank you.

Eggs, omelette with cheese, lox, yogurt, tuna salad, tuna patties, baked salmon, cold cuts, salad (low carb veggies) with high fat dressing (no low fat anything on keto/high protein diet), avocado, celery sticks and hummus, nuts (a handful), chicken breast, chefs salad, cauliflower crust pizza.

You can bake a lot of snacks with almond flour.

Also, having healthy fats is very important on this diet, ie olive oil, butter, avocado… and drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:22 pm
I used to make myself mini cheese snacks with coffee every morning.
for lunch any protein with salad
greek yogurt is also very low in carb had that a lot

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:28 pm
Low carb quiche with almond flour crust. I use spinach, brocolli mushrooms sauted. Mix with eggs, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Prepare beginning of week and take a slice with you every day

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:52 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I used to make myself mini cheese snacks with coffee every morning.
for lunch any protein with salad
greek yogurt is also very low in carb had that a lot

Do you have a recipe for the mini cheese snacks?
thanks

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:39 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Low carb quiche with almond flour crust. I use spinach, brocolli mushrooms sauted. Mix with eggs, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Prepare beginning of week and take a slice with you every day

Can you share the almond flour crust recipe?

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:48 pm
Almond flour crust:
2 1/2 c almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c melted butter
1 egg

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:52 pm
I had gestational diabetes so I had to introduce many low carb recipes. One easy breakfast that was easy to take on the go was farmer cheese pancakes/patties. I mixed farmer cheese, cinnamon, drop of vanilla extract, egg and mixture of almond and coconut flours. Dropped by spoonful onto heated betty crocker. It's not sweet, if you can handle artificial sweetners do that otherwise I would top with berries or Greek yogurt.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:57 pm
Brand called Joseph's makes a thin pita that's only 9g total carbs per pita. Found same thing in Aldi for much cheaper. You can eat w veggies and chummus. Or I put sauce and cheese and have a low carb pizza.

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:05 pm
I started making chickpea flour and using it to make crepes/wraps. So good with shakshuka, avocado, cream cheese, almond butter. It's just a great filling base that's full of protein

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:03 pm
I was in a chain grocery store and saw they had portabella mushroom cap pizza. I liked the idea and decided to try it. Just a large portabella mushroom, marinara sauce (I look for those without sugar), and cheese. Can add any other topping you want. Bake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise