Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Panama city

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 2:42 am
Looking to go on a trip to Panama City with my husband at the end of January. Has anyone here ever done that? Any hotel recommendations? Tour guides? Also what is the weather like there? I hear it’s always raining…..but it doesn’t interfere with tours, how does that work?
Would love to hear about any experiences!

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:34 pm
I went to panama in the summer was amazing! Our tour guide always managed to avoid the rain

SweetAngel

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:11 pm
We stayed in the Hilton it was really nice! It didn’t really rain when we were there… feel free to pm me for more info!

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:43 pm
I didn’t particularly like Panama City although the kosher restaurants are great

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:48 pm
I went in the summer. We had some rain but it was okay. Personally I honestly did not care for the place so much. I know a lot of people who went who said it was amazing but I honestly didn't feel it was anything major. It was nice. It was lots of kosher food but I didn't actually like the place. I felt like it was very city like and ugly. I did all the typical tours but I don't think I'll be going back again.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:52 pm
I also went in the summer and it rained a bit, but didn't really interfere with our activities. I will agree that the food was the most memorable part. My husband found the city and Jewish community fascinating. I would recommend a visit there for people that have already went to all other places.
We did the canal tour, pearl island, monkey jungle, indigenous tribe, and the Amador causeway. It was very nice, but again nothing major.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:41 pm
Does anyone know more information regarding the hechsher Shevet Ahim, what rabbi is in charge of it, is it a chabad approved hechsher? I am chasidish, wondering if it’s acceptable or not?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does anyone know more information regarding the hechsher Shevet Ahim, what rabbi is in charge of it, is it a chabad approved hechsher? I am chasidish, wondering if it’s acceptable or not?

Hi. Reading through this thread now. I have a trip there next week.
Does anyone know which restaurants have good hechsheirim? Cholov Yisroel?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:26 pm
Check the Go Kosher Panama website. It has all the information on the kosher restaurants and hechsherim. (And a whole wealth of other information that was super helpful when we planned our Panama trip.)

ila

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:42 pm
Hi I live in Panama and my husband can help you with the planning and anything you would like to know please pm me so I can give you his contact information

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

Hi I was there this past summer amazing trip! Chasidish, we only ate the imported meat in the fleishig restaurants and we had many different choices check out Yoss Burger, Fuego, lulo casco, Aria
Dairy restaurants you need to ask them for chalav yisroel milk and cheese check out Jeffries, pita pan and aroma

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:53 am
I was just there.
Pita pan (chalavi) and it's fleishig equivalent were not good (we left hungry from the fleishig restaurant and the dairy one was not worth the money).
Yoss burger was delish and filling, as was fuego.
We heard that Blame Kiki was not bad, just more of a party scene so we did not go.
We never made it to aroma but heard it was good for breakfast.
The hashgachas were all fine for us (Sephardi).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics