Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pediatric neurologist

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:33 pm
Need recommendation for an excellent pediatric neurologist that specializes in migraines.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:56 pm
Anyone have any ideas? Local or up to 45 minutes away

hello987

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:59 pm
I used Dr Khrizman in Jersey shore for my son who had migraines. I felt she really understood the situation and very helpful.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:05 pm
In matters of healthcare you must claw and inch your way to get the absolute best care. Anyone seeking a neurological pediatrician is not a routine medical matter. Look at the teaching hospitals -- Pennsylvania or NYC. Once you have diagnosis and therapy, maybe, maybe settle for someone local for maintenance. ("fight for that extra inch -- claw with your fingernails for that extra inch"). Medicine is a business. Doesn't matter how polite they are, you are just another number, another body to bill on. Noone cares about you or your child the way you do. There may be meds or other therapies recommended and this may have effects in other areas with lifelong effects. So don't settle for anything less than the best.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
In matters of healthcare you must claw and inch your way to get the absolute best care. Anyone seeking a neurological pediatrician is not a routine medical matter. Look at the teaching hospitals -- Pennsylvania or NYC. Once you have diagnosis and therapy, maybe, maybe settle for someone local for maintenance. ("fight for that extra inch -- claw with your fingernails for that extra inch"). Medicine is a business. Doesn't matter how polite they are, you are just another number, another body to bill on. Noone cares about you or your child the way you do. There may be meds or other therapies recommended and this may have effects in other areas with lifelong effects. So don't settle for anything less than the best.

Huh?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:50 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Huh?

What is there to not understand? OP is dealing with a child, with a neurological issue involving brain. And wanting to limit herself to travel only up to 45 minutes to a doctor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:51 pm
Oh sheesh thanks for the judgement. I’ve had terrible experiences in nyc and it’s really not your business who I choose to use.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:24 pm
Absolutely look into CHOP

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh sheesh thanks for the judgement. I’ve had terrible experiences in nyc and it’s really not your business who I choose to use.

I didn’t read judgement…

NechaMom

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:35 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I didn’t read judgement…

It’s so interesting, neither did I. I’m confused about the harsh reaction!
That poster was actually on OP’s side trying to give good suggestions (likely from her own experience).

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:49 pm
Not for migraines but when we needed a top pediatric neurologist we went to Dr. Walter Molofsky. He is the chief pediatric neurologist at Mt. Sinai and works at the ODA in Williamsburg once a week. ODA has a sliding scale fee based on income so it's more affordable than seeing him at Mt. Sinai if you don't have private insurance. It may take some time till you get an appointment.
Highly recommend - we had a great experience.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:52 pm
Would appreciate if anyone had recommendations in nj. I’m not traveling to nyc. Maybe chop if anyone has a name of a good person.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 12:04 am
Maybe bikur cholim would be helpful, they have helped me with referrals. Yahalom may also have some information
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries