Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where in BP can I get frozen vegetables with WIC

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:03 am
my WIC shopping list says canned frozen and fresh vegetables are allowed. I just tried today my corner grocery and they do not take wic with frozen vegetables I wanted to get french fries and diced vegetables etc. I explained to them but they were adamant that it was not allowed. So is there a place here that can let me buy these vegetables with wic?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:20 am
French fries are not included.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:21 am
Any store that accepts WIC. Just ask someone in the store or call and ask if they accept WIC before looking for your items.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:08 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
French fries are not included.

Theyre just potatoes no? Just cut up and frozen

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:12 am
amother OP wrote:

No. They’re usually par-fried and have other ingredients . I’ve never seen a bag of French fries list only potatoes in their ingredients

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:13 am
amother OP wrote:

I know the WIC program in New Jersey has very specific what you can and cannot buy. At least sometimes even down to size. You can get the 18 oz but not the 12 oz.

Check with your local WIC office or a person who helped you qualify on what exactly is acceptable.

If it is on the WIC list then they have to be able to give it to you for WIC
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics