Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Is dd going to Poland with seminary
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:53 pm
They have an option for a trip to Poland. Is dd going? It’s about 2000

kenz

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:30 pm
Nope.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:07 am
Are a lot of girls going

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 8:04 am
My DD went and loved it
I have a son who went with yeshiva years ago too.

Reality

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 8:10 am
Interesting that the seminaries are still going. The misrad hachinuch cancelled it this year and last year due to safety concerns and other political reasons.

kenz

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 9:38 am
I don’t think my daughter’s seminary does it, they join group tours that do the trip for seminary girls at the end of the year if they are interested. But my daughter isn’t really interested and I don’t think it’s the right thing now, for various reasons. If I have an extra $2000 I’d rather it go to people in EY who need it. Also the political climate in Europe is scary now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 11:23 pm
I wonder why they don’t cancel this trip this year

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:48 am
My daughter just told me about this and honestly I'm a little taken aback and annoyed. Its $30,000 to get her to seminary in the first place and now they're soliciting extras?? When does it end? I know I can say no, and I am. Its just annoying that I was unaware of this happening until my child calls me up and asks to go. Please let parents know so we don't get ambushed! Not appreciating my child asking me for another $2,000 for yet another trip.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:14 am
amother Navy wrote:
My daughter just told me about this and honestly I'm a little taken aback and annoyed. Its $30,000 to get her to seminary in the first place and now they're soliciting extras?? When does it end? I know I can say no, and I am. Its just annoying that I was unaware of this happening until my child calls me up and asks to go. Please let parents know so we don't get ambushed! Not appreciating my child asking me for another $2,000 for yet another trip.

But it's a "once in a lifetime opportunity", imagine how inspired she'll be and how it will improve her as a person, wife and future mother of klal Yisrael!!

Sound familiar? Seminary is a business to begin with so they are just continuing with the mishegasim because they know people will pay for their darling amazing daughter to be inspired even more!

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:37 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
But it's a "once in a lifetime opportunity", imagine how inspired she'll be and how it will improve her as a person, wife and future mother of klal Yisrael!!

Sound familiar? Seminary is a business to begin with so they are just continuing with the mishegasim because they know people will pay for their darling amazing daughter to be inspired even more!

I agree that sems are a business. But it's kinda true, Poland trip IS once in a lifetime opportunity. How many women go there after their seminary year? Not many at all.
But if money is tight, that's that.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:19 am
I can’t tell you anything about current safety, Poland can be anti semitic.
I went to Poland on one of these tours during seminary, and it was tremendously impactful. I had always wanted to. Can’t say enough about it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:32 am
amother Almond wrote:
I agree that sems are a business. But it's kinda true, Poland trip IS once in a lifetime opportunity. How many women go there after their seminary year? Not many at all.
But if money is tight, that's that.

You know how many "once in a lifetime opportunities" people give up on everyday?? Why is it standard to have such high standards??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:29 pm
It’s difficult decision we can pay it with a credit card and it’s our youngest child at home that we need to pay for. My older dd seminary didn’t offer the Poland trip.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
You know how many "once in a lifetime opportunities" people give up on everyday?? Why is it standard to have such high standards??

Sure, and I don't think it's a standard. Do Bais Yaakov seminaries even go on these trips?
But this isn't some cool brand jacket, hotel for pesach, or an exotic vacation.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:49 pm
Didnt hear such a thing from my DD's seminary (a BY one) but if there was, I know forsure she would right away say she's not going and realize how expensive it is.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:54 pm
Btw isn’t the trip to the holocaust sites traumatic???

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:57 pm
I went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington when I was 10. It had just opened and my grandparents took my cousins and me. It was not traumatizing to me. Its extremely impactful.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:18 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington when I was 10. It had just opened and my grandparents took my cousins and me. It was not traumatizing to me. It’s extremely impactful.

In what way was it impactful

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:23 pm
I think it showed us how good we had it before we became entitled teenagers. Connecting with our past. The exhibit on the holocaust through the eyes of a child when we were the same age was good for us to experience.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:52 pm
What is the trip all about! Where are they going. Are they going site seeing or anywhere else? I didn’t get any information from the seminary. Is it like going to the holocaust museum in the states basically?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info