Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o any Rachel’s Place or other actresses here?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:46 pm
Light for Greytowers thread got me curious

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:13 pm
I have had a main role in a Rachels Place production a few years back. I also act in films.

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:20 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I have had a main role in a Rachels Place production a few years back. I also act in films.

Details? Which part?

And which films?

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 1:12 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
Details? Which part?

And which films?

Dont want to out myself here so ill keep that part to myself. You can ask technichal questions though and ill be happy to answer!

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 2:38 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Dont want to out myself here so ill keep that part to myself. You can ask technichal questions though and ill be happy to answer!

How did you get the parts in the films?

What is the process like?

What would you suggest to women who would love to act in films?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:20 am
Are you her daughter

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 8:02 am
I'm an actress.
I do stage and films in Israel.
The films are mostly girls' films but I did have a part in a few grownup films.
Filming a movie is hard work.
I don't even know why I do it. It's a side gig. My husband says it's good for me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 9:42 am
amother Anemone wrote:

Is it fun? Stressful? Assuming no pay? Do you enjoy it? Does it take away from family time? When do you practice? How often? How did you get the parts?

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it fun? Stressful? Assuming no pay? Do you enjoy it? Does it take away from family time? When do you practice? How often? How did you get the parts?

I got my role in Rachels Place when Leah Forster, who had a role in that production called me saying they are looking for a very specific personality to assume this role, and she thinks I'd be a good fit. My kids were all younger at that time and I didnt think I would even land the role, let alone want it, but I went to audition for the heck of it.
When I was offered the role, it was hard for me to accept it due to my kids and other obligations but I did. It was an incredible experience but I would never do it again in the foreseeable future.
Practices are intense, hours long, and mentally and physically draining. Its a fun and rewarding experience but its not without consenquences if you are a busy woman, or have young children.

Filming is a whole nother world. There are no practices or auditions. You get a script, memorise it, and spend hours upon hours filming. A 5 minute scene can be a 5 hour fiasco.
Its alot of fun, but can also be exhausting and repetitive. Again, you need to be motivated enough for it.

Recently I fill in for little parts here n there in various films as I am just too busy with my life BH to take 16 hour days off.

Lovable

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I got my role in Rachels Place when Leah Forster, who had a role in that production called me saying they are looking for a very specific personality to assume this role, and she thinks I'd be a good fit. My kids were all younger at that time and I didnt think I would even land the role, let alone want it, but I went to audition for the heck of it.
When I was offered the role, it was hard for me to accept it due to my kids and other obligations but I did. It was an incredible experience but I would never do it again in the foreseeable future.
Practices are intense, hours long, and mentally and physically draining. Its a fun and rewarding experience but its not without consenquences if you are a busy woman, or have young children.

Filming is a whole nother world. There are no practices or auditions. You get a script, memorise it, and spend hours upon hours filming. A 5 minute scene can be a 5 hour fiasco.
Its alot of fun, but can also be exhausting and repetitive. Again, you need to be motivated enough for it.

Recently I fill in for little parts here n there in various films as I am just too busy with my life BH to take 16 hour days off.

Now you got me curious!
I'm a huge fan of RPP and rewatched plays many times
Leah forster was only in some of them, and many of the specific roles were repeat actresses (and still are)
So I'm dying to know what part u played! Perhaps Captain Von Trapp? Or Elsa? Maybe it was Mrs Rothchid. Hmm (All great actresses! )

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:31 pm
Lovable wrote:
Now you got me curious!
Leah forster was only in some of them, and many of the specific roles were repeat actresses (and still are)
So I'm dying to know what part u played! Perhaps Captain Von Trapp? Or Elsa? Maybe it was Mrs Rothchid. Hmm (All great actresses! )

If we had to play hot n' cold youre very warm. LOL!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Anemone wrote:

I'm thinking it was Maria Wink

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:08 am
I would love to be in a show like Rachel’s Place Productions but I don’t see how it’s feasible with little kids, especially since I’d have to commute to Brooklyn. Oh well! Years ago I was in one of the Zichron Shlomo plays (in an ensemble, not an actress) and it was so much fun. I’ve also acted in some films. I love everything about theatre. It’s a hard hobby to fulfill around here. Helping local schools with their productions scratches the itch a bit but there’s nothing like being on stage yourself. It’s exhilarating! From practice to performance!

Lovable

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 12:17 am
amother Anemone wrote:

Stooop!!
I'm way too curious
When you say you've Recently filled in for little parts here n there in various films, do you mean rpp or other random productions?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 1:20 am
Lovable wrote:
Now you got me curious!

Wasn’t captain von trapp also Mr banks?

applsauce

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 1:31 am
on this topic anyone have any info about this years play?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 1:43 am
applsauce wrote:
on this topic anyone have any info about this years play?

I heard Peter Pan in February

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 1:45 am
amother Anemone wrote:

Do you make friends? how do you get other roles? Do they just know you and call you?

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you make friends? how do you get other roles? Do they just know you and call you?

Once youre out there film and play directors gravitate towards you because they like actresses with a fan base, its good for them. Also because its easier than training in someone new, which is why RPP frequently recycles the same actresses again and again.

I did make a few friends, and im still in touch with a few cast members today. It was an enjoyable (and I repeat- stressful! ) experience.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:13 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
I would love to be in a show like Rachel’s Place Productions but I don’t see how it’s feasible with little kids, especially since I’d have to commute to Brooklyn. Oh well! Years ago I was in one of the Zichron Shlomo plays (in an ensemble, not an actress) and it was so much fun. I’ve also acted in some films. I love everything about theatre. It’s a hard hobby to fulfill around here. Helping local schools with their productions scratches the itch a bit but there’s nothing like being on stage yourself. It’s exhilarating! From practice to performance!

Ive been in zichron shlomos productions too, that goes back quite a few years!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics