Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Imas who paint, help me please

peace2

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:26 am
Not sure where to post this question. I'm doing a paint by number (sorry if that's an insult to those who can actually paint, but this is the most my unartistic self can manage) and one of the paints is totally dried up - but it's not crumbly and dry it's like one solid piece of plastic or rubber. I don't know if I'm describing it well but I don't think just adding water will work. Anyone know how I can fix this?

scruffy

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:27 am
Buy a new paint. No way to fix it.

b.chadash

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:31 am
I agree.
Get new paint.
You can probably get a better quality than what comes in the pack.
They always use the cheapest materials for these types if things.
Using a better quality paint will increase your enjoyment of the project.

peace2

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 11:58 am
Thanks. Issue is, because it's a paint by number it's a specific color that I need for the painting to come out right so I'm not really sure how to replace it. I'm thinking of messaging the seller and asking for new paints but I bought it a while ago so I'm not sure if they'll do that

medola

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 2:06 am
I agree you have to buy new paint, probably acrylic or gouache. You can try to mix a new batch of that color. Try looking up an acrylic paint color mixing guide on YouTube. I’m sure a color that’s close enough will be just fine and one will ever know.

s.rosie

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 4:49 am
It sounds like acrylic paint that has dried out. Maybe you could mix some of the colours you have to make a shade similar to the one that dried out.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:01 am
I would try contacting the seller first, you have nothing to lose.

I have adjusted some paint by number paints with a tiny drop of water. I find that some come great and some come goopy. I never had to buy my own paint to enjoy.

For the record, I do paint for real, theoretically at least, have done so in the past. But I still enjoy the cheap paint by numbers. I love the feeling of paint on canvas but I rarely have time to set up a real project, and paint by number is relaxing, fairly brainless, and easy to pick up and put down in middle. So zero judgement here. But you're making me a little sad that the one I have in the closet and never finished is probably dried out. I liked the picture and would totally have considered hanging it up if it came out good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics