Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where should I move? Tampa, monsey area, lakewood area, etc.
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:05 pm
We're looking for a place to move to.
We're considering:
Tampa
North Miami Beach
Lakewood area
Monsey area
Basically, were chasidish but open minded. Hubby wears shtreimel beketche shabbos, hoodies and t-shirts midweek. I cover my hair, skirts cover knees, wear tights in summer...
Right now we're sending our kids to yiddish speaking chasidish schools, but we don't really fit in as it's a close minded school and strict emphasis on tznius. We want a community that's open minded, accepting, kind people, but where we won't be the only chasidim. Also a place that we have nice caring schools to send to that won't be hard to get into, as I'm so sick of begging my way into school.
Any suggestions?

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:11 pm
I would suggest you apply to schools in all your tentative locations and only move where you’re accepted.
If you want chassidish schools anywhere you will have to adhere to their tznius rules. Some are stricter than others but everyone has lines which you can’t cross.

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:11 pm
If you don't want to beg for a school, not Lakewood.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:12 pm
How about Baltimore?
There’s a chassidish school and non chassidish schools and every type of levush.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:12 pm
Depends on your kids ages. Probably only tampa is accepting every student that wants to go, the other simply have space limitations, especially in some grades.

agreer

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 10:16 pm
Do you guys work?

Income should be a big factor, too (I would think).

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 10:28 pm
Baltimore.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:18 am
Out of those options, I would say Monsey would be best for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:51 am
And which schools to send to in monsey and Baltimore? Do they accept?

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:58 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
How about Baltimore?
There’s a chassidish school and non chassidish schools and every type of levush.

The Baltimore chasidish school is tiny and exclusive. I don’t think it caters to what you are describing . Consider Scottsdale

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:36 am
amother OP wrote:
And which schools to send to in monsey and Baltimore? Do they accept?

Honestly, there aren't many options in Monsey either & it's almost impossible to get accepted to schools.
BYBP seems like what you need, unfortunately there's no such a type of school in Monsey.
How old are your kids? Bais Hachinuch in Lakewood might be a good option.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:39 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41924

Are you op of this thread? Maybe it can be helpful to you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:08 am
Whats in scottsdale? What type, schools, community, etc...?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:10 am
What about bnos Leah prospect in monsey? What type is it? Would we fit in?
I'm not the OP of that thread.
I saw this school advertised so I thought there might be a chance of us getting in because if they're advertising, they might have room.
Also, whats boys schools in monsey?
Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!

mha3484

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:14 am
I know people like this in Chicago. Rabbi Twerskis shul has a huge range of people some just appreciate chassidus all the way to people with a full levush and mingahim and lots in the middle.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
What about bnos Leah prospect in monsey? What type is it? Would we fit in?
I'm not the OP of that thread.
I saw this school advertised so I thought there might be a chance of us getting in because if they're advertising, they might have room.
Also, whats boys schools in monsey?
Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!

Bnos Leah is not a Chassidish school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:20 am
Can you tell me more about Chicago? Schools, community, shul, who to contact if we want to seriously look into it, neighborhood so I can look at zillow for house:), housing prices etc...?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:41 am
Op doesn't sound too cool. Op says she's in a chasidish school that's too frum for her. Op dou you dress according to halacha but more trendy?Op I know families like yours in lakewood and Monsey. IM not as familiar with Momsey but o think it could work. For lakewood I think if you could get your girls in bais chinuch and boys into tiferes yecheil Then lakewood could work for you. As long as your ok growing. The families from Brooklyn like that that went to lakewood I actually found grew alot. I don't think clothing was such a big deal. Just they ended up having a shirt every night. Obviously you can't show up with a hoody to school but it's OK for casual every day clothing.

mha3484

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:51 am
For boys you have a yiddish speaking cheder called Veitzner cheder or also called yeshiva or boruch. Also a litvish yeshivish school called Yeshiva Tiferes Tzvi.

For Girls Joan Dachs Bais Yaakov.

Theres a big overlap with the left wing of ytt and jdby the right wing of arie crown hebrew day school so based on where you fall out, it may or may not be an option for you.

If you want to know about the chassidish part I can give you rabbi twerskys number in a PM. Its a great shul and Im not chassidish. But really family friendly and nice people.

Zip code is 60645.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Whats in scottsdale? What type, schools, community, etc...?

Scottsdale is very small but very warm. Everyone is accepted. Shul has shtreimel-pony tails and everything in between. Kindest ppl ever
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating