Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
OB/GYN Lkwd - Not NJFamilyCare
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:40 pm
I'm looking for a new OB/GYN in Lakewood.

I have used Chemed in the past (when I was on NJ Family Care) but am looking for a more personal smaller practice. I currently have an Amerihealth NJ plan from the marketplace.

I am looking for a personal feel practice. Well run office.
My pregnancies are somewhat high risk and need monitoring, but nothing too threatening, so I prefer a group of Drs, not midwives.
If they deliver in Monmouth that's a plus, as that's where my other children were born and I was very satisfied with the care there.

Can anyone tell me if the following Drs check the boxes?
Surowitz
Roman
Giovine

Any other practices/Drs that you can recommend?

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 7:50 pm
Surowitz and roman/tal/hazavei are both great. With surowits you have to be OK with getting a midwife for delivery, with tal... well you need to be okay with tal's personality Very Happy

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:04 pm
Ive been happy with West Long Branch, Ive used 2 out of the 3 doctors you mentioned also and liked west long branch the best.

cupcake123

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:06 pm
I'm a fan of giovine

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:17 pm
Thank you.

Which of these don't take JerseyCare? Specifically looking for a practice that's not so hectic and a revolving door of doctors...
Or is that not possible to find here?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:41 pm
RWJ is great and does not take jerseycare but the hospital is much farther than Monmouth

meo

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:41 pm
All of these practices are known to be popular in Lakewood which is great if you want tried and true. But all of them also take family care which means they are veryyyyy busy and a little factory like…. I would say try doctor segal. He does high risk in addition to regular ob and delivers in Robert word Johnson. Supposed to be amazing!

amother
Daffodil

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:46 pm
Surowitz is delivering in jersey shore as of 12/1 so she doesn’t check that box. She also has a lot of midwives (I think maybe one other dr now, not sure. It keeps changing.) I like her a lot. And yes she takes Jersey care, those three all do.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:52 pm
meo wrote:
All of these practices are known to be popular in Lakewood which is great if you want tried and true. But all of them also take family care which means they are veryyyyy busy and a little factory like…. I would say try doctor segal. He does high risk in addition to regular ob and delivers in Robert word Johnson. Supposed to be amazing!

Thank you for this info. When I put his name in to my insurance provider directory it comes up as Lifeline Medical Associates. Is that the name of his practice?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for this info. When I put his name in to my insurance provider directory it comes up as Lifeline Medical Associates. Is that the name of his practice?

Yes, I think that is what the invoices now say. The practice is/was called RWJ obgyn

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 8:55 pm
All three take jersey care and sorry but none will the you the personal feel.
Segal in rwj is great and does not accept jersey care.
For a truly luxurious experience you can pay top dollar and see abdehlak.

amother
Celeste

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:04 pm
I have amerihealth. Recently I started using the midwives in Avon. There’s a very personal feel there.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:07 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
I have amerihealth. Recently I started using the midwives in Avon. There’s a very personal feel there.

They also take jersey care, but not all the HMOs. I don’t get the impression that they have the factory like feel that you’re worried about. But they don’t check the doctor box… they’re midwives Smile

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:20 pm
I use the midwives too. I'm very happy there, I have jersey care but it really doesn't have that factory feel at all!

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don't think so.

Here is a link to the practice:

https://rwjobgynassociates.com.....s.php

mrsx

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
All three take jersey care and sorry but none will the you the personal feel.
Segal in rwj is great and does not accept jersey care.
For a truly luxurious experience you can pay top dollar and see abdehlak.

Is Abdehlaks office in Lakewood?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 9:42 pm
the phone number for RWJ obgyn/Dr Segal is 732-905-6466. You can call them with all your questions.
My recent invoice did say lifeline medical associates so maybe they can explain the name discrepancy

amother
Lightgray

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 10:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm looking for a new OB/GYN in Lakewood.

I have used Chemed in the past (when I was on NJ Family Care) but am looking for a more personal smaller practice. I currently have an Amerihealth NJ plan from the marketplace.

I am looking for a personal feel practice. Well run office.
My pregnancies are somewhat high risk and need monitoring, but nothing too threatening, so I prefer a group of Drs, not midwives.
If they deliver in Monmouth that's a plus, as that's where my other children were born and I was very satisfied with the care there.

Can anyone tell me if the following Drs check the boxes?
Surowitz
Roman
Giovine

Any other practices/Drs that you can recommend?

Giovine is the opposite of a personal feel practice. Definitely don't recommend

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:14 am
Lifeline Medical Associates is a group that buys practices, they own a bunch of the lakewood OBGYN practices and recently bought RWJ as well. But the practice is still Rwj with same name, doctors, locations hospital etc. just a financial arrangement.

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 9:19 am
Giovine has 2 other practices outside of Lakewood. I know someone who lives a block away from giovines Lakewood office but travels 1/2 hour to one of his other offices. I’ve been to the other offices (1x in each office) and there was literally no one there. It’s a very different experience. Just a lot of driving instead of waiting and meeting people.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries