Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
OBSESSED with Red white and royal blue movie
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 11:41 pm
Am I the only one that is sooooo obsessed with this movie?
It's a must watch!
First of all the chemistry is crazy! next level...
The props, the humour, the acting, the creativity is just insane e.g when the scene is in America the accent the language even the code of dress is so American and the London scene is so British down to the last detail... the cake falling...
I was never so obsessed with a movie and usually get over it at some point, but now I can't help it but think about it all day the lines playing over and over in my head...
It was to powerful... The battle of prince Henry to give up his royal life for what he really want's reflected so much on my own life, I'm a little bit at a turning point and I'm constantly battling as to what is the right thing for me to do...
I became very open minded after realizing how much of my upbringing was abusive myths in order to enforce extreme fafrimkeit.
I'm not going into it, I can write a whole long thread of what an emotional breakdown I went through... b"h I'm at a better state now but I wish to make certain changes that would never be accepted within my family and society.
Is it worth it to give up your values, society ,family... in order to reach your dreams? I feel so lonely as I have no one (except my husband who doesn't really enjoy movie's and is also struggling) to discuss my feelings:
1.About the movie a 2.My battle
Any thoughts on this?
Spoiler's alert: the movie includes a g* relationship.(don't get me wrong it's not that kind of relationship that I'm after I'm b"h happily married, It's just reflecting on my daily battle.)

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 30 2023, 11:57 pm
Don't get me wrong here op but why is your inspiration coming from a gay movie and why are you promoting it here?

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:01 am
Please don’t get inspiration from a movie on real life decisions. Probably not what you want to hear.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:03 am
Yea I knew it's gona come! That is why I wrote at the end that it's not the gay part I'm obsessed about It's the chemistry I enjoyed, and the battle which has nothing to do with gay, that reflected on my life.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Yea I knew it's gona come! That is why I wrote at the end that it's not the gay part I'm obsessed about It's the chemistry I enjoyed, and the battle which has nothing to do with gay, that reflected on my life.

Was the main character/s gay?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:05 am
🤮

amother
Lemon

You also chose to use a movie with a gay theme as your inspiration.
Please speak to real life Jewish people like your Rabbi or a friend. Do NOT do anything based on a fictional prince.

amother
Steelblue

I think I’d have loved the premise and have enjoyed it but don’t want to read/watch it because of the specific romance dynamics.

amother
Obsidian

I literally never heard of this movie

Is it streaming or in theaters?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:07 am
amother Beige wrote:
Was the main character/s gay?

Yup.
The chemistry is just insane.
I really wonder if I'm the only one on imamother that watched it...

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:08 am
amother Obsidian wrote:

Streaming. It popped up in my prime feed so I saw the cover and read the description. It's so so fictional that I fail to see how anyone can make any life altering decisions based on it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:09 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
🤮

Very inspirational... I SAID THE GAY PART DOES NOT INTEREST ME!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:11 am
amother Obsidian wrote:

Amazon prime.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Yup.

I'll be honest I was tempted to watch the movie from your description but the moment I read they're gay any temptation went out the window.
I just can't.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Yup.

You love the chemistry between 2 gay characters but say it’s not the gay part that you love?

amother
Purple

There’s a TV Show I watched recently that I am obsessed with, but instead of posting about it, I’m begging and praying to Hashem to help me get “unobsessed” because I don’t want to spend my entire day thinking about it.
I watch for entertainment and relaxation, not so some fake nonjewish characters can take over headspace in my brain.

Queen Of Hearts

But I do have an idea for you- why don't you create a new thread with your personal struggles and we can try to support you there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:17 am
[quote="amother Lemon"]Streaming. It popped up in my prime feed so I saw the cover and read the description. It's so so fictional that I fail to see how anyone can make any life altering decisions based on it.[/quote
I just shared my thoughts... No life decision would be based on this, all I wanted was some understanding and interest which I can't get from my friends and family...
I was not expecting such a reaction.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:21 am
[quote="amother OP"]
amother Lemon wrote:
Streaming. It popped up in my prime feed so I saw the cover and read the description. It's so so fictional that I fail to see how anyone can make any life altering decisions based on it.[/quote
I just shared my thoughts... No life decision would be based on this, all I wanted was some understanding and interest which I can't get from my friends and family...
I was not expecting such a reaction.

You sound like a very nice person. I'm sorry about the strong reactions you're getting. I guess the reactions youre getting are people revulsion for same s-x relationships.
I have never been able to watch a same s-x couple kiss or show affection.
It nauseates me.
But OP please post a new thread with your personal struggles or triumph. We'll support you there.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:22 am
I reported this thread.

I literally have never heard of an adult frum woman obsessing over a gay movie and the chemistry between two men. Like ever.

I wont say it outright but theres a word for someone who tries to rile people up on the internet
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics