Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Toras Chaim Tashbar Liberty, NY

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:18 pm
Anyone send here, and can tell me what type of boys go?
Also, how well is the camp run?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:20 pm
Ds went. He loved it! It’s def Yeshivish and very Lakewood type. All fathers were white shirts type. It’s not very sport oriented. What I’ve seen is it’s a great bunch of boys! And there is zero pressure when it comes to name brands.

boysrock

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:51 pm
My boys have gone there! We love the camp we live out of town and my kids felt very comfortable, they said second half has more Lakewood boys. Definitely more yeshivish not all fathers wear white shirts I’ve been there visiting day many times. The camp is well run and very warm. They are structured and definitely have sports, my boys have been on leagues every year and I heard a lot about the different sports they played. It’s a well run camp and the staff are warm and welcoming. Let me know if you need any specific information

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:52 pm
My son went there. His bunk was very very into learning. They woke up early every morning to learn besides for the regular learning. They also learned alot on shabbos. And this was when they were going into 8th grade. It is beautiful that boys that age can learn so much but it was not for my son Can't Believe It. They do have sports in the afternoon. Many boys wore tiros and adidas shirts by sports.
For davening and learning they were required to wear regular cotton or dress pants.

avimom

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 8:59 pm
My boys went/go there. Love every aspect of it! Yes a more yeshivish in that the learning is serious but they have very good rebbeim from all over and the boys enjoy learning with them. A lot of out of town campers and counselors. Not at all into name brands. Very warm atmosphere. Wish they had a girls camp!!!!

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:52 pm
How is the laundry system there? Also my son bedwets who would help him with washing and changing linen ?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:49 am
amother Chicory wrote:
How is the laundry system there? Also my son bedwets who would help him with washing and changing linen ?

The laundry system is fairly typical for camps, they send out the laundry every 7-10 days. I believe each boy’s laundry is kept separate. I don’t know who would help your son in that situation, perhaps reach out to the camp mother or Mrs. Vail the camp nurse. It’s a boys camp, and the youngest bunks are 11-12 year olds so there isn’t much handholding going on there.

boysrock

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

Speak to them in advance they are very honest and will be able to tell you if there is any way to make it work

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:44 pm
I called them and they said someone will call me back. But I Still have not heard from them .

boysrock

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 1:19 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I called them and they said someone will call me back. But I Still have not heard from them .

Call them back during the year they have very few staff working.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps