Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What to wear to a bat mitzvah? Bayit Vegan Bet Yaakov

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:35 am
My 12 year old daughter (not in Bet Yaakov) was invited to a neighbor's bat mitzvah (neighbor attends the main Bet Yaakov school in Bayit Vegan). What would the norm be for guests to wear?

Previously she went to another neighbor's bat mitzvah wearing sort of dressed up weekday clothes, with her hair in a half pony... Like some sort of in between look. And came back saying she was the most dressed up, with most other guests wearing real weekday clothes (sweatshirts and hoodies).

What would the norm be--what should she aim for this time? Shabbat clothes? Weekday?

Success10

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:41 am
I think if it's casual in the house, just regular clothes. But Sefardi girls make fanicer bat mitzvahs, sometimes in a hall. If this is the case, then it might call for fancier attire.

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:10 am
Beit yaakov in Bayit vegan do not allow inviting class mates to bat mitzvas.

So your DD will probably be one of the only girl friends invited. I assume there will be other girl relatives there - sisters/cousins.

A very few of my DD's classmates broke the rule and invited friends from the class, and they mainly went in nice weekday clothes.

Sounds like how your DD to the last one was fine. If the girls come in hoodies, she'll look just a little nicer. If they come in fancy shabbat clothes, she'll look nice enough.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:00 am
Thanks for your help! Yes it was a sefardi family and yes it sounds like it was very fancy--so thanks, that contexts is helpful for me just to understand what's going on. And it does sound like all the classmates came--so I guess she broke the rules... My daughter wore put-together weekday clothes and felt good about herself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics