Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Harvard Pres. Gay Finally Resigns!
1  2  Next

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:35 pm
Good riddance! Waiting for the cries of racism to start…never mind that she’s complicit in anti semitism, incompetent, and a plagiarizer!

https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....s-say

Last edited by Cheiny on Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:35 pm
Just came to post this. Woohoo!!

Beautiful

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:36 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Good riddance! Waiting for the cries of racism to start…

Thank you for the good news!!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:38 pm
Beautiful wrote:
Thank you for the good news!!

Unfortunately just as with the president of Penn State who was forced to resign, but retained a different position at the university, Gay too will probably just move to a different position within Harvard…

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:40 pm
It was about time.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:00 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Unfortunately just as with the president of Penn State who was forced to resign, but retained a different position at the university, Gay too will probably just move to a different position within Harvard…

Just for the record, it was University of Pennsylvania, not Penn State. Two very different schools.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:02 pm
I'm highly skeptical her replacement will be any better.

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:03 pm
Its a start. She should have been fired by the board not resign. Gay stays on as a proffessor.

The entire University is rotten. She is but one of many

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 4:51 pm
How are those DEI hires working out for ya now? 😂

P.S., credit where it is due -- thank you Elise Stefanik!!!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:38 pm
Ha… my prediction about the inevitability of accusations of racism from the usual race baiters sure didn’t take long to come true… so how do they explain the other 2 college presidents, who aren’t black, being similarly pressured to resign as well?

Harvard governing board, activists say former president was a victim of racism
Claudine Gay, who was the first Black woman to lead the Ivy League institution, stepped down Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/news/.....33543

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:41 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
Just for the record, it was University of Pennsylvania, not Penn State. Two very different schools.

My bad. At least I got the state right…

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:41 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Its a start. She should have been fired by the board not resign. Gay stays on as a proffessor.

The entire University is rotten. She is but one of many

I’m sure she was forced to resign… probably with threats to take the plagiarism charges further, if she didn’t.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 8:44 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I'm highly skeptical her replacement will be any better.

Me too. But it's still nice to hear she's out. (Even if it took too long).

harriet

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:26 pm
I can’t believe they replaced her with a white, Jewish, male. Very bad optics and I think a poor decision. (So glad she’s resigned just think they should have chosen a minority to replace her and NOT someone Jewish)

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:29 pm
harriet wrote:
I can’t believe they replaced her with a white, Jewish, male. Very bad optics and I think a poor decision. (So glad she’s resigned just think they should have chosen a minority to replace her and NOT someone Jewish)

Something tells me a Jewish president of Harvard probably won't have opinions much different from Gay

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:30 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Ha… my prediction about the inevitability of accusations of racism from the usual race baiters sure didn’t take long to come true… so how do they explain the other 2 college presidents, who aren’t black, being similarly pressured to resign as well?

Harvard governing board, activists say former president was a victim of racism
Claudine Gay, who was the first Black woman to lead the Ivy League institution, stepped down Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/news/.....33543

So why did their governing board accept her resignation if they think she was a victim of racism? They should have supported her all the way

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 9:44 pm
harriet wrote:

I couldn’t disagree more, I think it’s horrendous to choose someone based on race, gender, etc., rather than who the best person for the job is…

Reminiscent of Biden and all his strictly-minority picks…

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:05 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:

THANK YOU!!

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:09 pm
harriet wrote:

Seriously?? Why shouldn't they choose the best person (most qualified professionally etc ) for the job irrespective of the externals.
Do external matter to you?

More importantly, lets wish him hatzlacha and see what he does with the job and if he can turn things around.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:15 am
harriet wrote:

Hes only interim Pres.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/int.....arber
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics