Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Has anyone actually gotten kicked off Medicaid/NJ familyyet?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 12:59 pm
Hi,

My kids are still on Jersey care we are in no way eligible anymore but have been on since covid when we were eligible. I think they sent a renewal thing like a year or two ago and I sent in current pay stubs etc, but I haven’t been kicked off yet. Curious if it’s actually happening already
And do I need to start saving and shopping for insurance for the family

ddmom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:02 pm
I think you can wait until getting denial letter to get new insurance!

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:05 pm
My family is in the same boat. Not one of them got kicked off yet. Some of them just got renewals in the mail who wnt be eligible any more either. We all turned adult age since covid.
I am officially ineligible anymore but I got pregnant and so now they csnt kick me off BH.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:13 pm
We were kicked off two months ago. They barely gave us two weeks notice

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:14 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
My family is in the same boat. Not one of them got kicked off yet. Some of them just got renewals in the mail who wnt be eligible any more either. We all turned adult age since covid.
I am officially ineligible anymore but I got pregnant and so now they csnt kick me off BH.

I am also pregnant and called to report a pregnancy. Now they can’t kick me off? What about my kids?
Thanks

rikki 1

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:26 pm
one of my children got kicked off entirely and one moved down to a different plan. Yes, not much notice.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:27 pm
We got knocked off in October. There was no communication after we sent in our paperwork, dh went to the dr and was told his insurance was invalid. SURPRISE!!

ETA that when you get knocked off it's a qualifying event, and you have - iirc - 60 days to apply for new insurance through the marketplace. That can be done retroactive for the whole time. But it's not free so you really need to think about whether or not it's worth paying for insurance for that month etc.

hellob

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:34 pm
We got kicked off NY Medicaid in the summer. We got a notice by mail 2 weeks before.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 1:50 pm
Yes I did. A few years. We got the renewal packet but I had a baby in the interim. I totally forgot about the renewal and fell off Medicaid.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:06 pm
I just got kicked off by my yearly renewal so I was expecting it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I am also pregnant and called to report a pregnancy. Now they can’t kick me off? What about my kids?
Thanks

I am pretty sure that legally they r not allowed to kick u off if expecting. Not sure how it works if u have a family like if u only u will still be on or eveyone... I got legally married and then pregnant since covid so I stayed on jersey care. My husband pays private so I have no clue how it works for a family..

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:14 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
We got knocked off in October. There was no communication after we sent in our paperwork, dh went to the dr and was told his insurance was invalid. SURPRISE!!

ETA that when you get knocked off it's a qualifying event, and you have - iirc - 60 days to apply for new insurance through the marketplace. That can be done retroactive for the whole time. But it's not free so you really need to think about whether or not it's worth paying for insurance for that month etc.

Panicking.....I hope that doesn't happen to us.
One of my kids got married, one is working still on my jersey care.
Another one I had written on application not part of household anymore but didn't hear from them yet. Everyone is still on and I'm petrified.

Am I supposed to contact them? Or wait until they send me mail?
I sent back paperwork a few months ago but info on it is not accurate anymore!!
Anyone knows?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:29 pm
yes. my child was kicked off- 3 days notice!! since I was in the year post baby I got my termination starting 2 months later when baby turns 1

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:33 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Panicking.....I hope that doesn't happen to us.
One of my kids got married, one is working still on my jersey care.
Another one I had written on application not part of household anymore but didn't hear from them yet. Everyone is still on and I'm petrified.

Am I supposed to contact them? Or wait until they send me mail?
I sent back paperwork a few months ago but info on it is not accurate anymore!!
Anyone knows?

You can email them for an update, or to tell them you have updated information.

njfc@ocbss.ocean.nj.us

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:06 pm

njfc@ocbss.ocean.nj.us

I'm not with the county.
I'm with the state family care.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:35 pm
we got kicked off in November.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:08 pm

njfc@ocbss.ocean.nj.us

I'm not in a hurry to get kicked off! LOL
If I can't get in trouble, the longer the better as far as I'm concerned!!

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:56 pm
a few of my friends were kicked off already.
my kids are on state level and I got the renewal back in March and already got the continuation/approval in May that they are good for the next yr. I was on because of a pregnancy so I was on a different plan then my other kids so I didn't renew at the same time as them and just got my renewal a month ago. sent it in, got a letter they received it and haven't heard back yet. I keep calling the automated to check that I'm still active because I heard when they process you and kick you off sometimes they don't even let you know about it!

Rene:)

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:04 pm
Me and my husband just got kicked of Dec 31. My kids are still on. I am pregnant... still doesn't make me eligible.

Rene:)

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:06 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I am pretty sure that legally they r not allowed to kick u off if expecting. Not sure how it works if u have a family like if u only u will still be on or eveyone... I got legally married and then pregnant since covid so I stayed on jersey care. My husband pays private so I have no clue how it works for a family..

I did not know that. I just got kicked off and I'm pregnant. I should have reported it...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries