Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
5 year old regressing!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 6:28 am
My son was toilet trained for the night at 2 and half. He’s 5 and half now. In the summer he started making random accidents at night but only maybe 4 times throughout the entire summer. When we came home it became out of hand he started wetting his bed a few times a week. I put him on pull-ups because I couldn’t be busy changing him every night some days he woke up dry and sometimes not. Now I decided to take away his pull-ups but I feel like it’s too late. He got so used to letting loose that he wet his bed every night! What do I do?? Any suggestions.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 7:26 am
Treat for pinworms and or strep. Also make sure he's not constipated

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 2:52 pm
In addition to above, has he experienced a trauma recently? A loss, is it possible someone touched him without your knowledge? Not trying to fear-monger in any way, just something to consider. Any behavioral changes?

amother
Daisy

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Treat for pinworms and or strep. Also make sure he's not constipated

Second this

yb1996

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 4:59 pm
Hi! I literally just made this account to seek help on this topic. My son was potty trained before his upsherin and b”h never had issue other than the classic boy accidents once every other month or so… fast forward he is 5.5 having one or TWO pish accidents a day (only after yeshiva) and we are at our wits end! He smells horribly and isn’t embarrassed of the stain on his pants! Just this past Shabbos my husband stuck a pull up on him because he felt it would take away from the fun of Shabbos to be changing pants all day… We did prize charts, bribes, punishments, and of course sonograms and tests by ped urologist- apparently it’s all behavioral.
A few days ago I bought him the timer watch and it’s been working pretty nicely so far b”h. I also bought kids discreet underwear liners for when we have a playdate or family outing on a Sunday, really for myself so I don’t need to deal with the smell or mess. I know this doesn’t answer your question but hopefully we can give each other chizuk and get some solutions!

yb1996

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:03 pm
Also in response to original poster: a few friends had the same issue with their sons and one was told her son had an overactive bladder due to a chemical in diet soda, and also related to the child’s ADHD which they did not know about yet at the time.

mitzvahgirl1988

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:06 pm
Take him to the urologist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training