Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Staying in bed

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:07 am
my two and a half year old was a great sleeper. recently shes been coming out of bed multiple times, no major reasons, just to cover her, or she needs a drink etc. it happens a few times until she falls asleep and than multiple times in middle of the night. any suggestions? she comes out of her room.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:10 am
Can you set her up with everything she needs so she doesn't have to come out? That way you can see if she actually needs things or is making excuses to come out.

Give her a water bottle, maybe put her in a sleep sack if she's willing, a night light she can control, some books....

If she still comes out, then there's probably something deeper going on.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
my two and a half year old was a great sleeper. recently shes been coming out of bed multiple times, no major reasons, just to cover her, or she needs a drink etc. it happens a few times until she falls asleep and than multiple times in middle of the night. any suggestions? she comes out of her room.

It could just be a sleep regression phase. But also low iron levels can cause restless sleep/waking in the night so maybe ask your pediatrician about testing that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:51 am
She has everything in her room, I feel it’s just excuses. Can’t even let her cry it out since she opens her door and comes out.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:37 pm
One of my kids goes through a phase like this every so often. I’m super nice at first in case something is wrong, and once I determine there’s nothing wrong, I start ignoring the wakings. I’ll usually do one more tuck-in with a warning that it’s the last one. A night of a couple of tantrums might result, but then it’s back to a good night’s sleep and everyone is happy.

4geesmom

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 4:22 pm
I put a gate on the door. Like that the door is open in case its a real emergency. We can talk to each other. But shes forced to stay in the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics